I stole this from KB – hope this tides y’all over for a while. I’m on my way out of town for a conference – holla on the other side.
Four Jobs I’ve Had
- Waitress – At Shoney’s. For a year while in college. Made me a true believer in higher education. Nothing like a crappy job to keep you in school.
- Extension Specialist Assistant – Fancy title for a monkey. Well, maybe not, but that’s sure what I felt like sitting in a cubicle, day in and day out, adding up travel mileage for state employees and cutting their travel checks. First job out of college. Yeech!
- Employment Specialist - Loved it! I worked in an office. By myself. That’s right. I was the office – that was living the high life. Oh yeah, the actual job was helping place farmworkers (it was Arkansas y’all) in education programs to help them get out of the farmworking occupation. Cool beans. I was helping people AND not having to deal with office b.s.
- Administrative Assistant - “Nerd Girl, will you please make me a pot of coffee every morning that is the same color as the inside of my wrist.” Need I say more? I got out of there with a quickness! I’m not above making a pot of coffee, but then to have to brew it weak AND match it to the color of someone else’s wrist – come on now.
Four Movies I Can Watch Anytime
- Imitation of Life
- The Jerk
- Steel Magnolias
- School Daze
Four Places I Want to Live
- Minneapolis - fascinated by this city ever since the Purple One appeared on the scene. And now that I’ve visited, I think it is absolutely beautiful. Except – I don’t do winter. At all.
- Washington D.C. - the movement, the culture, the metro. I LOVE it.
- San Diego - beautiful. And just near enough my parents for everyone to be okay with it.
- ? – I haven’t been yet.
Four TV Shows I Love
- Grey’s Anatomy
- American Idol – but only the auditions
- Girlfriends - not even close to any reality I’ve ever lived, but the friendships speak to me
- Miami Ink - one of my new goals in life? To have Nunez tattoo our family symbol on my lower back.
Four Places I’ve Vacationed
- Jamaica - the best vacation ever
- Orlando, FL
- Italy - Rome, Venice, Pisa. Need to go back as an adult
Four of My Favorite Dishes
- Chicken and Waffles - from Roscoe’s of course
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Moo Goo Gai Pan
- Turkey Burgers
Four Sites I Visit Daily
- Clarion Ledger
- USA Today
Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
- At Home
- In the Bed
- At the Park with Lovegirl
- In Jamaica