Greetings from the great state of Mississippi. Or something like that. I’ve been wanting to blog, but have been rather uninspired as of late. So, what to do? Well, random bullets of course – enjoy!
- I’ve been working a temp job for the last week and a half. I want to pull my already sparse eyelashes out. It’s recruiting volunteers for a well known charity. Telemarketing with a twist, if you will. Well, the thing I probably like least in this world is being “sold to.” I’m not rude to salespeople/telemarketers/etc., but I’ve always been of the theory that if I want to buy/contribute/switch/save millions, I’ve got enough sense to pick up the phone/go the store/come on down all by myself. And now, here I sit making telephone calls for 6 hours a days trying to convince people to participate. Ironic isn’t it? Spiritually, I know I should just thank God for the opportunity to bring in a little dough – and I I am thankful – but still, I complain. What’s that all about?
- I am so sexy right about now that I may audition for the Pussycat Dolls. I read somewhere that they’re going to have their own reality show to search for a 7th member. Okay, I won’t really be auditioning, but all this extra time spent at the gym is paying off. I’ve lost about 15 pounds, and am feeling and looking pretty good! Managed to lose a whole pants size. I would say dress size, but since I don’t generally wear those, I’ll talk what I know.
- Gas is $2.15 a gallon people! I am so excited! I heard a lady on the radio the other day say that as Bush’s popularity declines, so does the price of gas. The way prices are falling, I hope his ratings hit rock bottom in the next few months.
- Speaking of gas prices, my next car will definitely be a car. Maybe a Honda Fit. Or a Scion. I thought I’d need all this room for Lovegirl, but I’m thinking that I can easily transition back to a smaller – and more gas efficient vehicle. Unfortunately, we’re still paying for the truck, and we’d take a serious loss if we tried to trade it in, so we’ll be SUV’ing for a few more years, but after that, I’m definitely down with small and gas efficient. I never thought I’d be old enough to make statements like this, but “remember when gas was .97 a gallon and you could ride for weeks (months?) on $10?”
- My youngest brother and his fiancee eloped last Friday. They’re both 22. They were supposed to get married next November or December, but decided that the wedding-planning process was way more stressful and involved than they wanted it to be. So they went to the JP last week and did the dang thang. Congratulations children! I think you’re nuts, but I wish you best and love you both much.
- I think next month I’m going to try cooking once for the entire month. Has anybody else tried this? Where you set aside 3 or 4 hours and just have a cooking marathon. Then you freeze everything, and you’re good to go for the month. I plan to hit the bookstore this weekend to see if there’s a book that’ll guide me in the process. If you’ve tried it, please comment and let me know how it worked for you.
- I need new music. Nothing on the radio is that interesting to me right now, but I’m tired of my old CDs and need something new in my ears. Anybody listening to anything good right now? My tastes run from 80′s pop (I LOVE the stuff) to Nina Simone to Marvin Gaye to old school rap (Kool Moe Dee, Ice Cube, Chubb Rock) to Luther to Bob Marley. My favorite CD right now is John Legend. I can’t wait for his new one – October I think.
- I have a job interview tomorrow. I’m really optimistic about this one. For real.
- I’ve decided my two television shows this season will be “Dancing with the Stars” and “Grey’s Anatomy.” I’ll be carving out time in my schedule for these two – anything else will be catch as catch can.
- My husband really pisses me off sometimes. I think he thinks that the house magically cleans itself. I hate to nag and beg a grown-a man to help around the house. But I’m also tired of doing it all myself. I’m no Martha Stewart, but I do think the house should be presentable enough where if someone drops by I don’t have to be embarassed to open the door. Ya know?
- I’m going to buy Lovegirl and myself each a pair of Converse. I’m feeling particularly old-school and will be rocking some Chucks this fall and winter.
I suppose that’ll do for now. Have a great day, an excellent week, and a teriffic rest of the year. Not that I won’t be back before the end of any of those . . .