I’m happy because:
- My 35th birthday is tomorrow! I truly don’t understand people who bemoan getting older – beats the alternative. Thank you Lord for every second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year that I am around to celebrate.
- The VH1 Hip Hop Honors come on tonight. I love these awards! They make me want to pull out the old Kangol (well, the one I wanted but never got), put in some dolphin earrings, bust out my tight, red, ankle zip jeans, and oversize swap meet Salt ‘n Pepa sweatshirt and do the roger rabbit, wop, and running man all night long. Okay, I admit it – I don’t wear the clothes, but I do break out all the old dance moves and get my party on. I don’t care what anyone says about the 80′s - we were cool, dope, fresh, da bomb!
- The weatherman “promises” that we’ll have cooler temps by the end of the week. I am so ready for Fall. I don’t understand these 90 degree temps in October when I have fuzzy sweaters and a new pair of boots that’re in my closet just dying to be worn.
- My kiddo didn’t cry when I dropped her off this morning. The on again, off again crying jags were killing me.
- Smoochy went to church with us yesterday. He rarely attends, but yesterday we went as a family and it was awesome and much needed.
Are you happy today? Why? Why not?