Nerd Girl: Lovegirl, what are you doing?
Lovegirl: I’m making three cookies for the Baby Jesus*.
Nerd Girl: Oh honey, that’s sweet.
Lovegirl: I might make one for the angel Joseph too.
Nerd Girl: Honey, Joseph wasn’t an angel.
Lovegirl: Who is he then?
Nerd Girl: Jesus’ father.
Lovegirl: Mama, God is Jesus’ father. I don’t know who this Joseph person is, I’m not making him a cookie!
*Please know that every time she says “Baby Jesus” I think of one of those silly prayers from T*alladega N*ights and crack myself up!
I’m sure this isn’t “supposed” to be funny, but come on – hasn’t everybody seen “Shawshank Redemption?”
From CNN: Pinups of bikini clad women aid jailbreak
If you’re driving down the street, and your three year old is in the backseat repeatedly saying in a low, soothing voice “look at me, look at me,” you should probably turn around and look.
Otherwise you will miss seeing your “intelligent” child with a straw from a juice box inserted in her nose with a big a grin on her face.
Why would a 40 year old man be able to successfully execute all of the steps to the Soulja Boy?
Went to a Christmas party last night. Had a good time. But I still don’t understand why these grown folks are up on all the latest dances!
Thumbs down: The ladies at the gym who are wearing loose shorts. Specifically those of y’all who take the toning class with me and are exposing your . . . ahem . . . when we do floor work because your shorts are too loose. Please either change to workout capris/pants or do us all a favor and wear biking shorts under your loose shorts. Do you have any idea how jarring it is to look up from doing my outer thigh work and find myself with a very close up view of your scantily clad, or even worse, bare nether regions?
Thumbs up: To me. Last night I addressed all of my Christmas cards and wrote out those that will not include a picture of Lovegirl. Tonight I’ll finish the rest and get them in the mail tomorrow morning.
Thumbs down: To me. I’ve been really bad about replying to comments I’ve gotten on this site lately. For that, I apologize. I do read them all, I’ve just been coasting along on trifling for a minute y’all. My bad.
Thumbs up: To the ladies who host the Mingle ’til Ya Jingle party here in Jxn every Christmas season. It’s a great time and a (rare) opportunity for me/us to get dressed up, go dancing, and not worry about being approached by random anybodies. The crowd is mature, mostly married, and fun! If you’re ever in the area, you should definitely check it out!
Thumbs up: To the weather! We’re expecting temperatures around 80 for the weekend. Don’t hate.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! In addition to the party, weekend plans include taking Lovegirl to a Christmas Parade tonight, and going through a local park that decorates with lots of lights/sculptures and has train rides, pics w/Santa, etc.
Rapper Pimp C of UGK was found dead in a Los Angeles hotel room on Tuesday. He leaves behind a wife and three children. God bless.
I’m listening to P*andora online and just heard the phrase “you better grab a partner and get on the dance floor!”
Did I mention that I was listening to gospel at the time?
Oh what a great weekend this was!
- Smoochy made it home and both Lovegirl and I are thrilled to have him home.
- The weather has been close to perfect. Mid to low 70’s, sunny, breezy.
- I got out in the yard earlier today – raked leaves, pruned trees and shrubs, and helped Lovegirl make “strawberries and cake” out of dirt.
- I’ve cooked two meals for the week. When Smoochy wasn’t driving, I’d cook 3 or 4 meals for the week on Sunday and we’d eat off of those for the week – lunches and dinner. Now that it’s just Lovegirl and I, this isn’t working as well – we either eat leftovers all of the time or we waste a lot of food. Trying to get my meal planning mojo back. This week it’s baked turkey wings, mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli, mixed veggies, baked spaghetti. We’ll see what happens.
- Went to Tarjhay and did not blow the budget. Bought Lovegirl a remote controlled car for Christmas, a notebook to store her artwork from school in, and a new set of earphones for my iPod – the old ones kept falling out of my ears – I bought those dorky ones that clip on one’s ear.
- Talked to my two youngest brothers – who are once again on speaking terms with each other – and that always makes me happy.
Anyhoo, nothing earth shattering I guess, but 48 hours of puttering around the house with two of my favorite people always puts me in a great mood. Hope your weekend was grand as well.