Oh what a great weekend this was!
- Smoochy made it home and both Lovegirl and I are thrilled to have him home.
- The weather has been close to perfect. Mid to low 70′s, sunny, breezy.
- I got out in the yard earlier today - raked leaves, pruned trees and shrubs, and helped Lovegirl make “strawberries and cake” out of dirt.
- I’ve cooked two meals for the week. When Smoochy wasn’t driving, I’d cook 3 or 4 meals for the week on Sunday and we’d eat off of those for the week – lunches and dinner. Now that it’s just Lovegirl and I, this isn’t working as well – we either eat leftovers all of the time or we waste a lot of food. Trying to get my meal planning mojo back. This week it’s baked turkey wings, mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli, mixed veggies, baked spaghetti. We’ll see what happens.
- Went to Tarjhay and did not blow the budget. Bought Lovegirl a remote controlled car for Christmas, a notebook to store her artwork from school in, and a new set of earphones for my iPod – the old ones kept falling out of my ears - I bought those dorky ones that clip on one’s ear.
- Talked to my two youngest brothers – who are once again on speaking terms with each other – and that always makes me happy.
Anyhoo, nothing earth shattering I guess, but 48 hours of puttering around the house with two of my favorite people always puts me in a great mood. Hope your weekend was grand as well.