Busy (for me) weekend.
- Off to the gym for a quick 30 minute work-out on the torture device exercise equipment of my choice – the crosstrainer I think?
- Grocery shopped.
- I cooked for the week. This week’s menu: enchiladas (thanks for the idea PSerendipity!), spanish rice, refried beans, spinach salad, turkey meatballs, saffron rice, mixed veggies, “jerk” chicken, green beans, banana bread.
- Mopped, swept, cleaned bathrooms, vaccuumed.
- Repotted my entryway plants.
- Continued my one-woman war against backyard bamboo – cut down all the new sproutings that I could while keeping an eye on Lovegirl, who wisely decided to “read” in the shade while I toiled in the surprisingly warm spring sun.
- Gave myself a manicure and pedicure – pale beige on my fingers, pale shimmery pink on my toes.
- Watched parts of a basketball game or two.
- Crashed in the middle of what I thought was going to be a good game. Was it?
- Didn’t go to church. Again. This week I’m going to try a 10:00 service. I’ve been so adamant about only going to 8:00 service, but I think it was getting to be too much, I’m going to try a later service and see what happens.
- Cleaned some more – laundry, a little dusting, cleaned out the dog’s crate, aired the house out, shredded a ton of paper – only 2 or 3 more tons to go!
- Went to a birthday party/cookout for a famiy friend’s grandmother.
- Dropped Smoochy off at the truck depot (?)
- Raced home, ironed clothes, prepped new babysitter, went to dinner with some friends to celebrate one’s birthday – I drank.
- I guess I’m going to have to stop telling people I don’t drink – I’ve ingested more liquor (3 drinks in 6 months) in the last 1/2 a year than in the previous, oh 10 years or so. I had some kind of martini – all I know is that it was blue, and it was good.
- Drove babysitter halfway home – I felt a little illegal passing her off to her mom at a gas station, but oh well . . .