- So, one of my work-friends broke up with her boyfriend. Why is dude stalking me? Apparently he was so distraught by the breakup that he “decided to pass out.” So he did on Sunday. Spent the night in the hospital. Called me on Monday begging, crying. Asking me to beg her to get back with him. Told me that he loved her so much that he sacrificed his body to her. By KNOWINGLY contracting an incurable-type disease to prove his love. Dude. Really? I tried to be gentle and kind, told him that life was worth living, it just seems bad now, yadda, yadda, yadda, but that there was no point in his calling me – I don’t get that involved in other people’s love lives. So why has he called me every day since then (ON MY JOB!!!) - as I have pointedly asked him not to – to state his case and beg for my help? Okay, a week ago I had no beef with you. Now I think you’re a whiny, crazy, infectious stalker. I’m pretty sure that’s not what you want me to tell her….Did I mention that I work in a hospital and this joker had me paged over the loudspeaker one day???? Thank God I left campus for lunch that day. Nerd Girl is an easy-going, peaceful type girl, but that would’ve pushed me over the edge had I been here to hear that!
- I believe I suck at giveaways. Sorry. TIH, I’m going today to get – and put – your winnings in the mail. Everybody else? Leave me a comment and I’ll send something to the somebody chosen by random. I don’t know yet what that something is….
- I love Top Chef! I mean love it. I’m sooooo glad they told old girl to pack her knives last night. Her voice alone was enough for me to think she should go!
- Our pastor has been talking about how we should treat other people. That people are God’s reflection here on earth and that we need to be very careful how we treat people. That what we do to the least, we do unto Him. I’ve been reflecting on that something tough.
- Did I tell y’all I flunked out of school this summer session? Well, I did. I got an “F” in my practicum. Because I didn’t do it. I was tired. Anyhow, I wrote a letter and they let me back in school. I’m still not sure that’s where I want to be though. Hmmmmm.
- I think I may be in a pissy mood. Could ya tell? So I guess I’ll wrap this up before I pass this foul ‘tude on.
I’m serious about the give-away though. Leave me a comment by Sunday night - I’ll come up with something
I was browsing around on Self, and ran across this workout for arms. I cannot believe how much this workout hurts – definitely feeling the burn! I did it for the first time on Saturday and will now do it on M,W,F for the next 6 weeks. I think I’m going to get better results – faster – working out with three pounds than I did slinging around 17 and 22 pound weights. If I get the results I’m expecting, I’ll be doing these moves for life!
Wanna try it?
If you try it, let me know if/how it works for you. Don’t let the 3 lb. max fool ya!
The winner of the Chick-Fil-A gift card is …. Tiffany in Houston! TIH, I ought to hold this bad boy hostage until you start a blog. However, I’m going to do the right thing.
Please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org w/your mailing address and in a few days (please factor in time for my procrastinating), your card should arrive.
Stay tuned for this week’s give-away. I hope everyone has a lovely day. A lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, a lovely dayyyyy…….. Yes, I’m listening to the one and only Bill Withers
So, somehow between sewing patches on uniform shirts, navigating through seven – yes 7! – homework sheets assigned on the first day of school, and waking up earlier to pray, I kind of forgot I was supposed to be doing give-aways this month.
My bad y’all.
So, what’s a frazzled, blogging, wife to one, mother of one to do? How about a gift certificate to Chick-Fil-A? It is my favorite fast food restaurant and where I head on those nights when I don’t want to cook, leftovers are just way too leftover, and Lovegirl begs for mercy when I suggest peanut butter sandwiches.
You know what to do. Head to the comments, tell me your favorite dinner-in-a-hurry spot and on Sunday night, I’ll let random.org pick another winner.
And y’all, I know we’re not supposed to eat copious amounts of tasty fried chicken while chugging large cups of sweet tea on a regular basis. But every once in a while is okay. I promise.
And Kelly? I got your email. I’ll get the book in the mail to you in the next few days
And the winner of Queens is ………. Kelly in a Day! I went to random.org (not .com, my bad), asked them to generate a number between 1 and 12 and #4 is what they chose.
So, Kelly in a Day, please send me your mailing address (email me: email@example.com) and I’ll get the book in the mail to you. Congratulations – hope you like it!
Lovegirl: Mama, what’s for breakfast?
Nerd Girl: A banana.
Lovegirl: I love bananas!
Lovegirl: Mom, what’s for breakfast?
Nerd Girl: Watermelon.
Lovegirl: Sigh! I am not eating any more fruit until I get a donut for breakfast!
Nerd Girl: *silence and a blank face in the rear view mirror*
Lovegirl: I’m not getting a donut tomorrow, am I?
Lovegirl: Mom, what’s for breakfast this morning?
Nerd Girl: A banana and grapes.
Lovegirl: Oh boy! I love bananas and grapes! And I’m going to eat my breakfast without complaining!
Nerd Girl: Go ahead, pick out which donut you want.
Lovegirl: The one with white icing and sprinkles. No. Not the round sprinkles, the long sprinkles. I waited a long time for this. Thank you mama. You are the best mom ever!
Lovegirl: Mom, can I have a piece of PawPaw’s pound cake for dessert?
Nerd Girl: You can have a slice, but PawPaw didn’t make that pound cake.
Lovegirl: Okay, fine. Can I have a piece of God’s pound cake? He made everything.
Lovegirl: Mom, do you know who I just love so much?
Nerd Girl: Me and Daddy?
Lovegirl: Nope. Aidan. I love Aidan so much. He’s like my best friend ever! And he’s new.
Nerd Girl: New?
Lovegirl: Yes mama. Last year they said we were getting a new friend, and it was Aidan. He’s new.
Nerd Girl: Well honey, that was last year. He’s not new anymore. You all have been in school together for a whole year.
Lovegirl: Well, he’s not old. You and Daddy are old.
Yeah, yeah, I know that July is over and so should be the songs-for-titles posts. Indulge me (and my love of the Red Hot Chili Peppers!).
I find myself in the mood to have a few give-aways and figured that August was as good a month as any.
So, check back every Monday Tuesday week in August for a little something. Emphasis on little – hey, it’s not like I have a sponsor.
This week’s giveaway is a fabulous little coffee table book: Queens: Portraits of Black Women and their Fabulous Hair. I love my copy and thought I’d share the love.
If you’re interested in winning a copy of your very own, please leave me a comment telling me how you wear your hair now and why you chose that style. Your comment can be two words or dissertation-length – either way is good with me. A winner will be chosen using random.com on Sunday and announced Monday (or Tuesday) morning. You have until midnight Saturday to enter. U.S. entries only please. Muchas gracias and good luck!