Hello my lovelies! While I’m soaking up the California sun (and smog) I’ve decided to post a tip a day which will hopefully lead to a happier healthier you.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve fallen way off of your health/fitness routine and need a little encouragement to get back into the healthy swing of things. I’ve already mentioned that I’ve gotten a little soft around the middle, and am working on remedying that. No need to wait until January 1 – my resolution starts now!
So, without further ado…your tip and challenge for today.
Drink more water! Today, I challenge you to put down the soda, stay away from the juice, avoid the coffee, put the cork back in the wine bottle and only consume water.
* The average adult needs between 8-12 glasses of water a day. If you are overweight, it is recommended that you drink an extra glass for every 25 lbs. you are overweight.
* The best way to get water? Drink it. Don’t rely on the small amounts of water found in certain foods, juices, etc. to help you get to 8 glasses. Go to the tap, the refrigerator, or grab a plastic bottle if you must, and get to guzzling.
* If you don’t like the “taste” of water, add a slice of lemon, lime, cucumber, or fresh herbs from mint to parsley to enhance your water.
* Benefits of drinking water include:
- Aids in the loss of fat
- Combats ailments such as fatigue, headaches, and back pain
- Reduces hunger
- Hydrates the skin
* Signs that you may not be getting enough water:
- Dry skin
- Thirst – if you’re thirsty, you’re already likely dehydrated to a degree
I get my water in by: drinking a glass before I leave the house, one in the car on my way to work, 3 or 4 during my workday, one on the way home and at least one in the evening. I use a 12 or 16 oz. travel cup.