….and other nonsensical ramblings on a Thursday morning.
- Lovegirl is fixated on two things right now. The song “T.ootsie Roll” and Biz Markie. I feel like I drive a DeLorean and have gone back to the future. She heard T.ootsie Roll on the radio one morning and is now obsesessed with “that song that says woot-woot-woot-woot…” I dare not tell her there’s a corresponding dance. Oh wait, I did. I shouldn’t have – I can’t see myself teaching her how to cotton candy, sweet as gold… Her fascination with Biz Markie is thanks to the N.ick Jr. show Y.o G.abba G.abba. She wants to read a book about him. Um, yeah.
- Please tell me I’m not the only person who is physiologically unable to wear ear buds. I don’t get it. The stupid things fall out of my ears every time – surely my outer ear anatomy cannot be that different than 99.9% of the population??
- My S.tankonia CD is in! Okay, that was more a reminder for me to pick it up than it was for your reading pleasure.
- I have a mid-term tomorrow. I have no idea how I’m going to pull this one off. Do you know how exciting organizational theory is not? I’ve not been able to stay awake and read this mess at all. I’m going to put sticky notes on my forehead tonight and hope that osmosis is a more powerful process than I was taught oh so many years ago.
- There’s a strange golden orb in the sky today. I believe the ancient Incans referred to it as the sun. What a treat!
- Speaking of the sun – if your feet are not in order and ready for sandal season? It is time to start working on those bad boys. A daily once-over with a foot file while in the shower is a great place to start. If your feet are particularly rough, invest in a bottle of A.mlactin lotion. It contains acids which will help smooth rough patches on your feet and elsewhere. It’s a little pricey and smells horrible – I use it at night. You can find it behind the pharmacy counter. I feel a post about giving yourself a proper pedicure coming on. Jacked up feet are a big no-no in my world.
- My graduation from the University of Mississippi is May 8, though we don’t finish our coursework until some time in July. I was contemplating participating. Then I found out that Mrs. O.bama will be speaking at my alma mater’s graduation – Go UAPB – that same day. Hmmm. I’m conflicted. I wonder how difficult it will be to cop a ticket to this year’s graduation. And AR Gal? No comments about funky town. Or Crime Bluff. Or stankonia. Or….well, you get the picture. LOL!
- Smoochy bought me a new cell phone. It’s all touch screen fancy. I miss my old phone. It did what I needed it to do when I needed it done. I can’t figure out jack on this new deal.
- I gotta go. I’ll be discreetly studying from my desk. All day. Wish me luck. Pray that I don’t fall asleep at my desk!
Make it a great day!