…except for the fact that it is totally Monday….and go!
My house is a mess. A freaking mess. I was laying in bed last night thinking that if I died I’d be horrified for someone to come in and find the house this totally junky. I feel like I clean up all the time, but I guess I just wash dishes and clothes and let everything else fall by the wayside. I shouldn’t spend this day off work cleaning, but if I can just get our bedroom clean I think I’ll feel better. I don’t feel like washing Lovegirl’s hair. I was looking at it yesterday and thinking perhaps a perm isn’t such a bad thing after all. I go through this every couple of months. Sigh. I’m looking forward to going home in a few weeks. Not looking forward to seeing my sister-in-law. Going to have to drum up some enthusiasm for that one. Hate I missed the baby’s christening, but not really. Oh well. I really want someone to grill up a pack of these chicken hot dogs for me. How trifling would that be to post on facebook. Bought that dadgum Seche Vite topcoat. Not sure I’m impressed. Guess I’ll do my nails again tonight since Smoochy swears up and down this color – which I know is a deep, deep teal – looks black. Guess I’ll paint them a deep blue. Which will probably still look black. I certainly have eaten a bunch of junk in the last few days. I need to commit to clean eating next week. We’ll see how that goes. Is this five minutes up yet? Ugh – there are times I wish I didn’t type as fast as I did. My kid want to buy Pop the Pig – some game I have no desire to play. Maybe I should’ve had another kid. Is my iPod broken? I know five minutes are over!
Got this from Babs, who got it from Rose’s Daughter. I am too
lazy busy to post the badge this time.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
I have spent the last few
days hours oohing and aahing over the things that Chloe does to her nails! I have hipped my mother to the site and we have already made plans to watermarble our nails when I’m home next month. I may or may not have spent the better portion of last night trying to do a tape off design on my nails – hands and feet. I failed miserably. Mostly because I had no scotch tape and tried to use packing tape. (I don’t recommend it!) I realize that I need a whole new slew of complimentary nail polish colors to do some of the things that Chloe does. Ma’am - you have fed my addiction and I thank you for it! I think.
If y’all are into nails – and yes, I realize how odd that sounds – check Chloe out. I don’t love it all, but I love a lot. And I plan on trying some of her designs out, and soon!
Oh, you want pictoral evidence of the tomfoolery that was my thumbnail last night? Sure:
Epic fail. But I'm going to keep trying. With a more subtle design/color scheme ;)
- Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! We had a great time celebrating and are looking forward to whatever the future holds for us :)
- Y’all know I try to do right. I really do. But why is my boss asking me about what I’ve done to get ready for next year’s students? NOT A DAMN THING. I refuse to do your friend’s job for her. No way. Aint happening. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
- Lovegirl’s school year ended yesterday. I’ll let you guess who’s running around the house talking about “whose in first grade? I’m in first grade! Booya!!!”
- I shouldn’t tell y’all this…but it tickled me to no end. When we went out Saturday night, Smoochy tried to order a number 38. Dear? That’s how much the steak costs, not the item number. Wouldn’t trade him for the world!
- Someone please stop me from going to S.onic every day. I know I shouldn’t, but ooh, ooh – I love cherry limeades! Not to mention S.onic has the best ice ever!! I am trying (and failing) to limit myself to one a week.
- Have I told y’all (lately) how much I love 6pm? I do, I do, I do! Just scored some tall, suede boots for…$19. Woot woot!
- My coworker’s teenage son hangs up on her every single day. Every single day. o_O.
Okay, that’s it. I’ve got to get back to boxing up my old files and sending them to storage. I think it is going to take me all of the 5 days I have left here to complete this task :)
On Sunday, Smoochy and I will celebrate our dirty dozen - 12 years of wedded bliss!
It is unbelievable to me that we have spent the last 18 years of our lives together – 12 as husband and wife. In my mind’s eye he is still the big jock sitting to my left in Pharmacology class passing notes trying to get me to talk to him(oh yeah, he was smooth!) And I’m sure he still sees me as a sweet young coed rocking gold chains, a printed rayon top, suede shorts and tights! How quickly we have grown from college students to a young married couple to new parents to being settled, working parents to the world’s best Lovegirl. He’s always had my back and I hope he’d tell you that I’ve always had his.
Our wedding reading was from Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet” and I think I’ll share it with y’all ~ enjoy!
Then Almitra spoke again and said, “And what of Marriage, master?”
And he answered saying:
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
*If the world ends on 5.21.11. 12 years if it doesn’t :)
And this picture right here? Always makes me smile!
Please disregard the post below ’cause ya girl? Gots a new job! While I was busy typing away, God was working it out. I was offered job #2 this morning and I accepted! :) I am all kinds of excited!!!!!
Thank y’all so much for reading, commenting, and encouraging. I appreciate it more than you’ll ever, ever know :)
Have I mentioned how excited I am???
This is an exercise for me as much as it is a solicitation of opions from you! I’ve already told y’all things were crazy (again) on the job front and I’ve really been praying for a peaceful end to the madness. So I started applying for various and sundry jobs in and around the hospital. Which leads me to today’s WWYD :)
- Applied for this job about two weeks ago.
- Administrative Assistant III.
- With jobs at the hospital, you really only know what position you’re applying for and in which department the job is located. No specifics about the job.
- Interviewed with the doc running the program.
- Got really excited about the position.
- Positives: working with the state’s abused children program; opportunity for growth; a chance to use my MPH; opportunity to supervise two medical assistants (supervisory experience goes a long way at the hospital); center is growing.
- Negatives: would have to take a pay cut (with the caveat that they would give me performance increases once I pass 90 days probation to get me back where I am, the cut isn’t too bad, but it’s still a cut); the hours are 8-5. I currently work 730-4 and LOVE IT.
- A former coworker put my resume in the hands of the doc hiring
- Project Administrator
- Got really excited about the position
- Positives: More money, relaxed schedule, able to use my MPH and my MA, center is in its infancy so a chance to help “grow” it
- Negatives: Very data driven work – not a horrible thing, but I’m not sure about spending 8 hours a day crunching numbers and compiling reports
Now. After my interview for position #1 (and before I knew about the possibility of job #2) I prayed and asked God not to let them offer me the job unless it would be a good move for me. While I am ready to leave my current position I didn’t want to jump into the first thing offered just to get out. They offered me the job yesterday. Job #2 hasn’t been offered – they just called yesterday and told me they’d posted the position and they wanted me to apply for it. They also told me they were going to try to get as much money for me as they could – which would be an increase over my current salary.
So, what would y’all do? Take the sure thing job? It is the one I prayed over. If I don’t take it am I disregarding God’s will for my life? Talk to the doc about job #2 and let him know I’ve got a bird in the hand?
I’ve been praying for an answer and still have no clue what to do. I really am trying to walk in ordered steps. Smoochy is cool with whatever decision I make.
So good people, WWYD?
Sunday night I walked into my room to find Lovegirl in my bed posted up with a book. My book.
Nerd Girl: Um, Lovegirl, what are you doing?
NG: Why are you reading my book?
Lovegirl: It was here.
NG: Lovegirl, that book is not for children. It is for adults. You need to read the books you get from the library or that we buy for you.
LG: Oh I know it’s not for children. What’s a heifer?
NG: It’s another way of saying cow. It’s not a nice thing to call anybody.
LG: That other word you told me not to say is in here too.
NG: What word?
- I don’t know why, but I confuse gospel singer Jo.nathan Nelson with South African singer J.onathan Butler. Every time I hear a Jo.nathan Nelson song? I think about what a successful crossover career he’s had. Except for the fact that he totally hasn’t.
- Lovegirl called Smoochy the other night to request permission to wear her new (seven dollar!) flip flops to school. She presented quite the logical argument and was granted permission to wear said flip flops. P, we may have a little counselor in the making!
- I had a job interview the other day. I asked God to only let them offer me the job if He wanted me to have it.
- I don’t like it when old, non-black people tell me how well spoken and behaved Lovegirl is. I realize I shouldn’t feel this way.
- Have y’all heard that Christ is coming back on May 21? How do people come up with this stuff?
- Oops. While trying to hash out my travel plans, I let the cheap tickets go. Has anyone every used p.riceline? Did it work?
- I had a
stank-ass slightly bad attitude about my job earlier this week. So I went on a work strike. Until I realized that my work strike very strongly resembled my full on work days and nobody knew the difference. My bad. I also realized that being stank wasn’t going to get me anywhere and I’d better work the job I have until my next one comes along :)
- I cannot get into To.p Chef Masters. Is anybody watching it? I’ve tried. I fall asleep. I give.
- I am wearing a black maxi skirt that I bought from O.ld Navy yesterday. I may be in love. Sooo comfortable!
- Smoochy bought me a pair of slacks and a matching vest for Mother’s Day. No sir. I tried to be as gentle as I could when I told him I would be keeping neither.
- The bath salts that Lovegirl made me for Mother’s Day? I’ve been flushing them down the toilet a handful at a time. Not only do I not take baths, but they smell a wee bit like moth balls.
- Though it may not seem like it from the above two bullets, I had a great Mother’s Day! Lovegirl wrote me the most awesome poem ever. It included a line about how I don’t even get mad at her when she breaks windows. Um, is she trying to tell me something? She’s never broken a window. That I know of.
- Speaking of Lovegirl. Yesterday she rocked the biggest afro puff ever. Yep, bigger than the last time she rocked the biggest puff ever. See :)
And I swear, it looked more picked out and symmetrical when I was doing it than it does in this picture!
Have a marvelous day!
I am not allowed to buy Lovegirl’s tennis shoes. Yeah, you read that right. Not allowed.
I bought her first pair and Smoochy declared them the most horrid, cheap looking tennis shoes in the world. I’m not big on tennis shoes – they’re all ugly to me. But, whatever. For the better part of 5 years, Smoochy has been the sole member of the tennis shoe buying committe.
This past Saturday, while we were out having dinner, Lovegirl told Smoochy she thought it was time for a new pair of tennis. They decided to go off in search of a new pair of kicks. (I finished my mango margarita and went home and got in the bed.)
Sunday morning Lovegirl couldn’t wait to show me her tennis shoes and her new flip flops. (Should I tell you now that I’m not a big fan of flip flops either? I’m not morally opposed to them, but not a big fan. Anyhoo.) Great – she had new shoes and I didn’t have to spend hours looking at shoes with her. We had what F.ranklin Co.vey would call a “win-win” situation.
Later I told her to bring me the boxes so I could put them outside. She brought the box and I noticed a price tag for $25.99. I was pleasantly surprised at how little her tennis shoes cost. Until I realized I was looking at the flip flop box. Twenty five ninety nine for a pair of flip flops for a six year old child???? No.
So I asked Smoochy why in the name of all that is good and proper he paid that much for a pair of flip flops. His answer? “I thought that seemed like a lot.”
You already know – I packed those cheap little shoes back in the box and
told asked him to take them back to the store. Lovegirl and I rolled out to Tar.get where we found a mutually acceptable pair of flip flops for the low low of $7.
Guess who’s now the sole member of the flip flop buying committee? $26 for some flip flops…never that!
Okay. So I’ve been having…issues at work. Yep. Again. All of a sudden I went from being the best employee ever to being the worst ever. Boo!
There was talk of write ups, firings, etc. I prayed about it, but I’d be lying if I said your girl wasn’t a nervous wreck. Fired? Again? Lord have mercy.
A few months ago, my boss offered me a “promotion” – going from working with the students to working with residents. I turned her down. Didn’t want it. I enjoy (for the most part) working with the students. I think I mentioned this in a previous blog post, but I’m too
trifling busy to go back and check.
Fast forward back to present day where Nerd Girl is the worst employee ever and my boss has hired her dear, dear friend as Administrative Assistant. Who will be moved from that position to Education Administrator after her 90 day probation. The friend will take the job I declined.
Except for the fact that I got called in last week and was told that friend will now be working with students, I will be working with the residents. And all that talk of disciplinary action? Taken off the table.
What the hell just happened here?!?!?!