- Anybody out there ready for another book club discussion? If so, join us as we read and discuss Tananarive Due’s My Soul To Keep. We’ll discuss on August 15. Cool? Cool.
- If there’s something you want to read and discuss next, just let me know.
- Did y’all see Serena’s assets at the Espy Awards? Oh my damn.
- Lovegirl finally got to start her swim lessons last night. Evening thunderstorms resulted in her M, T, and W lessons being cancelled. My little guppy was so excited to be in the water! She even got over not wanting to get her face wet – we’re making strides!
- Thank you Lord for swim caps.
- I worked out at the gym three times this week and plan to get in another workout before the weekend is over. I hope to see a difference on the scale – no matter how small.
- Today I get my first bi-weekly paycheck. I’d really, really like to go back to being paid once a month. This 1/2 check madness aint hitting on…well, you know.
- I’m ready for football. NFL can act a fool as long as there are still college games I’m good! I think we’re going to get JSU season tickets this year.
- This whole debt-ceiling thing is really, really working my nerves. I’d like to go to D.C. and do a clean sweep of the House and the Senate. Democrat, Independent, Republican – they all suck.
Okay, that’s it. I hope y’all have a great weekend. I plan on doing a whole lotta nada. Operation “get my hair back soft” is in full effect – I’m trying the Carol’s Daughter stuff One From Philly suggested in the comments a few weeks back – hope it works!
One more thing – y’all like these shoes? Yea or nay?