- Good morning, good morning, good morning!
- My weight? Right back up to 171.4. I managed to gain back every single ounce of the weight I lost week before last. But, I’m not surprised. Chick-Fil-A, Zaxby’s, IHOP, and Ding How Chinese Bistro all in one week…yeah, all the exercising I did was no match for my crizzappy diet last week. Back in the saddle I go!
- Project clean-up-the-house continued this weekend. I ran across a desk nameplate that Smoochy bought me to celebrate my second real job after college. Sweet huh? Except for the fact that he bought it about 8 months before we got married and it had my maiden name on it. I really and truly thought the man was trying to call it off. Yeah, I flipped. Oops.
- Babs, if you’re reading this? I howled when I read your comment on “Incognegro!” I mean howled!
- Signed Lovegirl up for another session of swim lessons. Figured we’d better strike while the iron is hot. Her being in the pool is also a built in guarantee that I’ll be working it out consistently in the gym for the next two weeks.
- Speaking of fitness, a friend and I are doing the 100 pushup challenge again. Join us? Today’s day 1 – no catching up required
- I’m cleaning up/planning to decorate (for real this time) in anticipation of starting a PhD program next fall.
- I have been soaking my locs in coconut oil nightly to try and bring them back to life. They feel better, not great, but much better. I’m going to a loctitian the first week of August to have them professionally tightened, styled, and maybe even dyed. I think I’m tiring of the gray.
- I was irate yesterday while trying to get my oil changed at the local WMart. The manager and I had a long discussion – well, I discussed, he listened – and I got a $25 gift card for expressing my concerns. Yay!
- I’ve decided after all of the horrid news over the weekend, I’m back on a news-viewing strike. Y’all let me know if anything major happens this week…
- Oh, if you’re participating in our next book club, go ahead and try and get your book ASAP. This one wasn’t available electronically as far as I could tell nor was it at the library or local bookstore (Borders…) so I had to order it from Amazon. I hope it gets here soon!
That’s it for today – I’ve got work to do this week and I hope to take Friday off to do some back-to-school running around sans Lovegirl.
Babs? This is for you