- Have you heard about James Anderson? The black man who was beaten and then run over and killed by a group of white teens here in Jackson, MS? Several of the teens’ supporters are crying “reverse racism” since the prosecutor has announced plans to pursue hate crime charges. Reverse racism. Really?
- There was a rally in honor of Mr. Anderson last weekend. Another one is planned for next week. My boss – a white man – asked me if it were okay if he went to the rally or if he’d be seen as an interloper. I assured him it was fine for him to attend.
- Had a great exchange on race on the Twitter last night.
- We are in no way living in a “post racial” America.
- I was pretty excited to score some fall/winter clothes last night – two skirts, one dress, and a blouse. I used a gift card and only paid $3.11 out of pocket
- I need a pair of black pants and maybe a pair of trouser jeans and I’m
pretty muchdone shopping for the fall/winter.
- Speaking of pants and jeans, GAP is offering 30% of your purchase this evening between 3-7.
- Calvin Klein dresses fit me really well. I’ve been stalking the local TJ Maxx stores waiting for the “new” fall dresses – found one in putty, going to the other store in hopes of copping a purple one.
- Lovegirl wholly approves of my new purchases – particularly the dress. She said “Mama, you look like a woman. Fantastic!” Thanks. I think.
- I also ordered two pairs of shoes. You would not believe how hard it is to find a pair of basic black pumps in a size 12 for less than a gazillion dollars. Thank you Nine West clearance sale! Now let’s hope they fit.
- Did I tell y’all that Sinful Colors are on sale for 99 centavos at W.algreens? Well, they are. I limited myself to 5 bottles, but I think I’m going back today – I’ve been wanting to try a yellow and I figure at this price point I’ve got nothing to lose.
- I really enjoyed the book discussion on Monday. What y’all want to read next?? Let me know – I guess we’ll discuss in early September?
Okay, that’s it. I hope everyone has a great day!
I lied – one more thing. I tried the rowing machine at the gym on Tuesday. OMG! Who knew? I got a serious workout that I’m still feeling today. Love it!