- I had an oatmeal pie for breakfast this morning. I’m pretty sure this has a lot to do with the fact that my thighs are staging their own third world coup.
- LG and I are going camping with the Girl Scouts. We leave Friday night and will be back late Saturday afternoon. We’re both pretty excited. We should probably get out more…
- Smoochy and I will celebrate 13 years of marriage in a few weeks. I haven’t the foggiest idea what to buy him. I’m going to suggest we just go to dinner and call it a day. It never works, but I always suggest it.
- I just ate a bunch of carrots. I’m thinking they’ll erase the damage done by the oatmeal pie.
- I understand that folks think other folks shouldn’t say anything to them about how they raise their children. I disagree. While I don’t want, need, or take advice from just anybody, I am glad that I have people in my life who can and will provide pointers on raising LG. Whether they’re sharing successes or parenting fails, there’s usually a nugget of wisdom in there somewhere. I feel sorry for people who think they know everything. They don’t.
- LG pointed at her chest the other day and told me her breasts were growing and that she doesn’t want them. I wanted to tell her “no worries – with your family history, they’re not going to get much bigger and when you’re about 15 you’ll be plenty pissed about it.” But I didn’t.
- Did you know today is a national day of prayer? It is. Go ahead – say a little prayer. “Thank You” counts.
- Is there a particular song that always gets you on the dance floor? I’m making a playlist for this imaginary party I’m throwing one day. Need suggestions.
- Did I tell y’all that LG was “Little Pig #1″ in the 1st grade production “A Three Piggy Opera?” Well, she was. And yes I’m biased, but I’ve got to say – she was awesome!! The whole little musical was quite cute and the kids did a really good job. And this from someone who um, doesn’t like kiddie productions.
- What’s going on with y’all?
This is her in her house of straw. She’s getting ready to sing her part. This picture blows. As do all the pictures I took. Thankfully the school sells DVDs of the performance. There’s a sucker born every minute ’cause I surely bought one!
She was pretty pleased with her performance. Not sure what this pose is all about though.