This post has nothing to do with backyards or boogies. But Mac 10 has been running through my head for the last few days so I thought I’d share!
“Straight from Inglewood and you know that it’s all good!” Okay, moving along…
- Our next book club read will be The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon. We’ll discuss on Monday, October 22.
- Remember those 8 pounds the doctor suggested I lose? 5 of them are gone! Woo hoo and all that jazz!
- Speaking of shedding excess poundage. I got caught up y’all. Caught up in all of the tweets and blog stories and feelings of success & exhilaration and so I have…drum-roll please…signed up for Couch to 5K. It’s with the Y, so childcare is not an issue. Starting next week, I’ll be running. Have mercy.
- There are two older women in my office who are, to put it bluntly, bitchy. My friend who is the director of operations for the office wants to call a staff meeting to straighten them out. Uh, how are you going to tell these women who are pushing 60 that they need to be kinder, gentler people? Those old biddies are not trying to hear that!
- My brother called me and told me he was bored with life in general. I told him to concentrate on doing something for others and/or taking a class or two to explore something he’s interested in. When I get bored like that I go back to school. Or have a child. How do you cope when you feel restless with your life?
- If you think I’ve gone and purchased a dress for my brother’s wedding? You’d be wrong. Why am I playing like this wedding isn’t in three weeks?!?
- I’ve been playing with eye makeup so I can get all glam for the wedding. My eye makeup, when I wear it, is usually a brown shadow and a bit of mascara. This morning I went for a darker, more dramatic look. LG told me I looked like I had a black eye. Or was very tired. #SmokeyEyeFail
- Speaking of my pint-sized beauty adviser, that chick ran by me this morning and there I stood – in a cloud of funk! Ma’am! What are you doing in the bathtub? Or rather, what are you not doing?!? Tonight, I’m watching the festivities ’cause she is too old to be missing hot spots and smelling like onions and outdoors.
And that’s it! Should be a nice, relaxing weekend. LG wants to go to a dinosaur exhibit so I’m going to make that happen. Hopefully I’ll remember to go buy a dress for the wedding, and the rest of the weekend will be spent in my armchair reading while Smoochy watches every football game in the U.S. of A.
Hope your weekend is absolutely wonderful ~ enjoy!!