It’s been a long time. I shouldn’t have left you without a dope post to respond to.
What up party people? It’s been slow motion and busy around these here parts all at the same time.
- We had a helluva hail storm yesterday. I drove home in it. I’m almost ashamed to admit that I called my mother in the midst of my commute screaming that it sounded like I was being shot. Her reply? “Oh really? And when was the last time you were shot?” Thank you for your “support” mother. Geesh.
- Thankfully we had no damage to vehicles or our home. Other people, not so fortunate. Guess I should get up on the roof to make sure there’s no damage. Okay, so that’s totally not going to happen, but it sounded good…
- I stay ready to leave work. The first thing I do when I arrive is unpack/repack my tote bag so I can grab and go. Crazy coworker, bad weather, early dismissal, 4:00 – the reason matters not, when it’s time to go, I’m out! I also keep an extra pair of tennis shoes, food, and a flashlight in case of some emergency which would dictate my needing to feed myself while walking home in the dark. Or something like that. Do you keep emergency stuff at work too? Just me?
- My current project at work entails my transferring my CDs to my computer so I can store music on an SD card and use it in my tablet. I’m pretty sure this is not what my boss thinks I’m doing in here.
- I’ve temporarily suspended my FB account. Everybody was getting on my nerves. My timeline devolved into pictures of sexy shoes, quotes about being a bad chick, and cartoons about God – usually all from the same person. Ugh, really?!?
- I haven’t heard from the doctoral program I applied to. Please trust I’ve got plans B and C in the wings waiting. Hopefully I won’t need a plan D :)
- I have to have 2 wisdom teeth pulled. I cannot begin to explain to you how much I am not looking forward to this. I’d rather give birth. Oh well, it’s got to be done. This time I’m getting the IV. Told my doc not to try any funny stuff while I was high. He laughed. I’m not playing sir.
- I got mad with Smoochy this weekend. Why you ask? Well, he went out and got LG dinner. Said dinner consisted of chicken nuggets, fries, a soda…and two tacos. While I am not a food purist, that’s just too damn much. I was .38 hot! The upside to my anger? I took my frustrations out on the front yard – the leaves have been raked, the walk swept, and I potted two plants. Quite lovely :)
- My nail polish buying the first three months of this year has been ridiculous. So ridiculous in fact, that I believe I’m declaring another ban. Not for an entire year, but no new polish until at least July, if then.
That’s it. What’s up in your neck of the woods?
Oh, one more thing. Yesterday on the evening news they had to tell people to stop calling the police to report the hail. Come on people…