I miss blogging. So I decided to blog.
Randoms. Of course :)
- I turned 42 yesterday! I’m not really sure how that happened since I was just 26, but apparently time? She marches on. I don’t think I’ll ever be one of those people who refuses to share their age. I’m 42 and glad about it. Every day, every year is a blessing.
- I thought my day was going to be full of work and school. But. I left work early and took myself to the movies – saw “This is Where I Leave You.” Pretty good. Reminded me a lot of my family dynamic. Then I ran home to see Smoochy and LG before I went to class. They sang, gave me a delicious assortment of mini bundt cakes (who even knew this was a thing???), I opened my presents and then I jetted off to class. Only to learn class had been cancelled. Which means I got to go see The Spinners at the state fair. Y’all! I love The Spinners. I’m not entirely sure who those 5 dudes in bright yellow suits were, but they sounded good and LG and I had a ball. And The Spinners have a new fan. Who happens to be 10. I’m pretty sure LG and I were the youngest people in attendance, but whatev!
- I’m slowly getting back into the groove of being in school. Seems more difficult this time around for whatever reason. But I’ll get there!
- So. I know this girl, okay, grown woman. We go to church together and have people in common. She’s mentioned hanging out a few times. So another friend and I went to lunch with her. She stayed tapping on her phone the whole time. Alrightie. Then we invited her to a concert. She stayed tapping on her phone the whole time. And then went home and told her husband that my friends and I were a bunch of wild women. Um. Yeah. No. Then she invites us (really our children) to her son’s birthday party – but tells us that she’s only paying for the 4 little boys who are coming from his class – we’d have to pay for our girls. Lady. This right here? Just may be the reason you don’t have any friends. My friend wants to fight this girl. I just want to tell her that she’s got some odd behaviors that are likely standing in the way of her developing the type of friendships that she says she desires. Did I mention that when she sees my other friend at work – they’re both in education – she doesn’t even speak because she “keeps her professional and personal lives separate.” Good luck sister. Oh. I typed all that because I’d like to know what you think – tell her about her…idiosyncrasies and the fact that they’re holding her back, or just let her be and hope she finds a friend or two who will put up with her? I think she’s decent. But confused.
- I just realized I’ve been listening to Tevin Campbell’s “Round and Round” for a good half hour. Apparently I hit “repeat song” when I mean to hit “shuffle songs.” I wonder why that dude’s career didn’t take off…
- Since I last wrote my little kiddo celebrated her 10th birthday! I cannot believe I’ve been her mom for a whole decade now. She is still the funniest kid I know (yep, I’m biased) and every day brings a new adventure and/or issue. Right now? We’re up to our necks in training bras and discussions on why I won’t let her shave her legs. Go sit down somewhere little girl!
- I have three brothers. One doesn’t talk to the family as a whole. One is mad at me and our conversations as of late have consisted of monosyllabic grunts – on his part. The other one and I are still cool. I’ve been praying a lot for restored relationships.
I guess that’s it for now. How’s everything with you? Life good?