Just dropped in to capture what’s been going on since I was last here! Let’s see . . .
- Accepted the Administrative Assistant position at the hospital. Still haven’t heard from any of the other positions and decided that a bird in the hand beats two in the bush. If someone else calls then I’ll have options. If not – I’ve got a job and I’m happy about it!
- Have started talking to admissions about taking some PhD level classes in Epidemiology. I’d like to get back into the groove of school (again) before I fully commit to a program. So, hopefully I’ll be back in nerd-groove come the Spring Quarter – February I think. I’m also really excited about being on the quarter system. I’ve always been a semester kind of girl, and I think the quarter will make time move by more quickly AND assist me in my constant struggle with procrastination. A free PhD. The answer to a prayer.
- Most of the family is here and we’re headed to New Orleans on Saturday for my brother’s “marriage blessing ceremony” and reception. You may remember that he and my newest sister in law ran off and eloped. Which made her mom none to happy. So they’re having a “blessing ceremony” and reception. Sounds like a wedding to me . . . Anyhoo, the gang’s all here, I’m excited and looking forward to the next few days with those I love the most.
- Am interested in seeing how far New Orleans and the surrounding area has actually progressed since Katrina. I don’t want to go and “sight see” per se, since I’ve never really been comfortable with the concept of touring someone else’s life, but more than a year has passed and something tells me that with the exception of the tourist areas, most of NO is still in pretty bad shape.
- One of my dear friends buried her mother this morning, so my heart goes out to her and her family. I cannot imagine losing my mother and to experience that during the holidays seems especially trying.
- We weren’t going to do much for Christmas since I had no job, but with the promise of a regular paycheck comes the all-American need to consume. So, we’ve agreed to buy each other and Lovegirl a few things. Lovegirl’s getting a tricycle, a new doll, a musical-type toy, and a puzzle from us. Of course, even if I hadn’t lost my job, that’s probably about all she’d be getting. I just don’t want her to be a “gimme-gimme” kid. Ya know? Smoochy’s getting a Thai Yoga massage (no, not from me), a few things from Bass Pro, the requisite shirt and a few CDs. The only thing I asked for was a dock/speaker thingie for my iPod so I can bring it to work and enjoy.
- Christmas Dinner is going to look a whole lot like Thanksgiving Dinner. Fried turkey, dressing, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, succotash, rolls, cranberry sauce, pound cake, sweet potato pie, cheesecake. Oh yeah, and salmon for my folks – they don’t eat meat.
- Well, it’s just about 4:00 and time for me to leave work – yeah, I know, already blogging from work – so I guess I’ll wrap this up!
Wow — this one was really all over the map wasn’t it?? See ya’ll later. I probably won’t be back ’til ’07. Probably.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, a Happy Kwanzaa, and a blessed 2007. I’ve enjoyed reading your blogs and look forward to whatever it is that 2007 has in store.
Peace and blessings.