I’ve mentioned this here before, but it is something that bears repeating and that I must remind myself of often, and so today, I shall.
Too often in life we wait for the big moments, the big experiences and in doing so, waste time waiting and forgetting that most our life is composed of the small. The ordinary, the day-to-day.
So, I’m just going to jot down a few things I’m particularly thankful for today. Right here, right now.
- Neem oil. OMG – have you tried this stuff? Let me tell you, I had horrible sunburn/heat rash from our trip. The lady in the health food store recommended it, and I swear, my skin calmed down and smoothed out almost instantly. I did a little internet research and have been slathering myself and Lovegirl in it nightly since. Yes, we both smell like slightly burnt roasted garlic, but our sunburn is gone, our eczema is smoothing out, and pinky-swear, some of my old eczema scarring is lightening up. I bought the 100% oil, but it is also available in much better smelling lotion and cream. If you try it, let me know what you think.
- My family. As crazy as we all are, there is no greater earthly blessing than knowing there are at least 7 people on this planet who always, always, have my back.
- Limon potato chips. Love them! Can’t ever get them here since we don’t have a particularly large Hispanic population. One of the girls in the office is originally from Houston, and brought me a bag back from her trip home this weekend. Trying not to eat them all in one sitting. These are the only potato chips that I eat.
- My grandma. Tomorrow my grandma will celebrate 86 years on this planet. 7 children, 13 grandchildren and way too many greats to count and this lady is still kicking butt and taking names. She bowls, she drives, she fries hella good chicken and makes a potato salad so good you might (I said might) be tempted to slap your mama for some! Happy 86th Grandma – I LOVE you!
- My iPod; The Bath and Body Works sale; gold hoop earrings; the patience to put my new ring in layaway and not going into any more debt for something I really, really want – right now; Mr. Clean magic sponges – and Lovegirl’s “floor mural” which necessitated the purchase of them; Lovegirl’s wicked sense of humor; coffee; tea; baby oil gel; fine tipped gel writing pens; automatic bill pay; pretty pedicured feet; long summer days; air conditioning; monogrammed tote bags; great blogs; Tropical Shine 4-way nail buffers, 4:00, good books; gerber daisies; choices.
Please head on over to the comments and let me know what you’re thankful for – big or small.
Peace and Blessings.