A few thoughts I had while watching the VH1 Hip Hop Honors:
- Timbaland is hell-a-foine.
- Eve is fly.
- The phrase “yep yep” grates my nerves.
- I may still have a crush on Heavy D.
- T Pain and Ne-Yo singing New Jack Swing. Hmmm . . .
- La Di Da Di? Oh yeah!
- Kool Moe Dee is FAT. No “ph” here.
- Michael Jackson was New Jack? Who knew?
- The Honors should stick to rap only – no singing.
- I never liked Wrecks-n-Effect. Rump Shaker. Yecccch.
- Wild Style???? Can anyone help me out with this one?
- I had a big crush on Jalil from Whodini. Did he always talk like that? Did he have a stroke?
- Whodini sounds bad.
- “Freaks are so bad they got they own dance”
- Love me some Calvin “Snoop Dog” Broadus.
- West Coast Represent!
- Is that Roy Orbison?
- Guess you still can’t say “187 on an undercover cop.”
- Hee-hee. Ice T crip walked!
- Where is my A Tribe Called Quest anthology? Must find.
- De La Soul. Miss them.
- Busta Rhymes is silly w/a capital S.
Having said all of that, I thought this year’s show was just okay. I guess if I were grading, I’d give it a B-/C+. Brought back some great memories, but I don’t think the performancs were that great, and they could’ve totally eliminated that tribute to Wild Style -whatsoever the heck that is.
Okay, it’s time for all good Nerd Girls to go to bed. Peace. I’m out.