Okay, so the title isn’t clever, but it is accurate:
- Had a great weekend. On Friday night, Smoochy and I took Lovegirl to the Fair. We met up with friends and proceeded to have a great time. She rode a pony and one ride and declared herself finished! She loved the funhouse and would’ve spent all night wandering through the maze, looking in the distorted mirrors and sliding down the twisty slide if money and time had allowed.
- My youngest brother is being somewhat of an arse. My middle brother needs to live with him (and his wife) for two weeks while he starts a new job (mid-month) and gets his own place with a few of his frat from college. The youngest brother initially agreed – they settled on monetary compensation, established house rules, etc. The next day my youngest brother reneged – “you can’t live here”. And that is just wrong. We weren’t raised like that and I cannot comprehend why he will not help our brother out. I have an idea that it has something to do with my sister-in-law, and I know “leave and cleave” and keep peace in the house and all that jazz, but I also know that blood is thicker than water, and he is in a position to help and won’t and I think that is the utmost in triflingness.
- I took my hospital sanctioned “birthday holiday” on Friday. I spent the day sleeping late (oh thank you Jesus), getting a manicure, and eating cheese and crackers in the movie theatre while watching “Why Did I Get Married.” Perfect way to spend my day before joining up with the fam and hitting the fair.
- I’m beginning to wonder if corporal punishment is really effective? I don’t beat Lovegirl or anything, a tap here or there, but I’m not sure I like the message it sends. I actually spanked her for hitting another child – hmmm. I know “spare the rod and spoil the child”, but I think the Bible was referencing the rod or staff of correction which shepherds used to gently guide their sheep in the right direction – not beat them. Any thoughts?
- I bought a pair of shoes yesterday. For $187.25. Good googleymoogley. It’s so hard to find shoes in my size that don’t look like old lady orthopedic shoes that I bit the bullet and bought them, and it’s not like I buy shoes that often, but still – I’m walking around with several utility bills on my feet! Aaargh. I’m punishing myself – I decided I will not be buying myself my long lusted after Pumas, I’d just feel too guilty.
- I’m giving Grey’s Anatomy
23 more episodes to get itself together, and then I am giving it up. I’ve not been impressed by the season thus far at all. More Bailey, lessno Izzy, and Callie whupping Izzy’s arse would be great ways to keep my interest piqued (in case the show’s writers stumble across this entry)
- I love NB.C’s Biggest Loser
- It is 4:05, and I’m 5 minutes late leaving work. I’m out. More random thoughts at a later date. Peace.