So, Los Angelista has tagged me for the random and weird meme. I’m going to share 7 random and weird things about myself and then tag 7 more folks to do the same. Drum roll please . . . .
- I enjoy V8. But only when flying. I don’t know what that’s all about, but the only time I drink V8 is when I’m on an airplane. I think to myself “hmm, this is mighty tasty, I should buy some when I get home.” But I never do.
- I used to be fascinated by the innards of rocks. Yep, you read right – rocks. When I was about 8 or so, I was convinced that the inside of rocks had healing powers. The more veins and coloration running through a rock, the better. I would pound the rocks into powder and feed the powder to my younger brother thinking it would cure his asthma. It did not.
- My date for the Sadie Hawkin’s dance (12th grade) was very obviously gay. Except for to me.
I guessI was really naive. I had no clue he was gay – not that it mattered – and thought he’d be great fun to go with (he was). I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why my parents just smiled and told me I had no curfew that night! Looking back on the pictures, he with his texturized orange hair styled into a kiss curl on his forehead, wearing a blouse, a woman’s sweater and ballet flats and I with a similar look, I’m not sure how I missed that one. Thank you padres for a most sheltered childhood!
- I will not read a book twice. Yet, I keep most of my books. I like the idea of a library in our home, so I have most of the books I’ve bought in the last 20 years or so. If I think a book is a real dud, I’ll give it away, but most of them are lovingly arranged on one of three shelves. Gathering dust.
- I’m not all that enamored of roses. They’re okay, but I think there are so many flowers that are much prettier – lillies, gerber daisies, and gardenias to name a few.
- I had no idea how much Doon*ey and Bour*ke (sp?) purses cost until earlier this summer. I buy my purses at Marshall’s/Ross/TJ Maxx – I don’t care if they’re “last season’s” or whatever. I almost fell out when I was browsing with a friend and she wanted to look at purses. Do you know those things are like $200 for the itty bitty versions??!? Is it just me?
- I love Chai. I could go broke consuming the stuff. Such tasty warm goodness – and the weather is finally cooling off enough for me to justify my frequent trips to the coffee hut . . . .
*Tried to post this yesterday – home computer was trippin’ – so here’s my Monday post. On Tuesday.