- I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! I didn’t accomplish much of anything – a birthday party Friday night, church on Sunday, a picnic, and a little housecleaning pretty much sums up our activities. Smoochy was home, and we three just lazed around the house.
- I tried to make a red velvet cake Sunday and failed miserably! Smoochy lamented the fact that I don’t make layer cakes anymore – he’s right. So I asked him what he wanted, and got all the stuff together to make a red velvet cake. I’d never had or made one, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Let me tell ya – I knew the cake was red, but really, it was grosser looking when I added the food coloring than I was prepared for. Anyhoo, either the cake fell or it never rose. When I took my layers out of the oven, they probably weren’t more than an inch thick. Smoochy said it tasted right, but was just too dense (duh!). Honestly – I thought it tasted pretty bad too. Not sure I’ll try that one again – I am going to buy a new box of baking soda though. Usually my cakes are pretty good – don’t know what happened with this one – any ideas?
- My child is steadily working towards her advanced degree in DIVA-ology. When we left the park yesterday, she kept wailing “but we can’t go, we can’t go, the people – they’ll miss me.” Whatever little girl, I think they’ll be okay without you!!! The kid cracks me up 🙂
- T – I finally remembered to buy a box for the Baby Buttercreme – I am taking it to the post office tomorrow come heck or high water!
- I’m not eating any junk food this week. I’ve had terrible eating habits for the last few weeks – a combo of hormones and boredom i think. Anyhoo, I’ve got to get back on track, and there’s no time like the present. I’m also headed back to the gym, haven’t been in over a week – when I slip, I slip!
- Have I mentioned that I’m going to China in November?!?! Yeah, okay, I know I have. But I got excited all over again and thought I’d share.
- Not sure what I’m going to do about the computer issue – my brother is going to try and help me out. If that doesn’t work . . . my heart is saying “A.pple,” while my checkbook is saying “nuh-uh honey, think again.” I’n not financing another thing, so whatever we end up with will be saved for and paid for in CASH.
- I’m trying to do better and only buy things we really need. So, this weekend I bought Lovegirl two pairs of much-needed capris (why are the shorts for little girls so short?? Is it just me?). And then I bought myself a pair of not-so-much-needed wide-legged trouser jeans. I’m not sure the logic that I’m buying now so that when the economy gets really bad/gas hits $10 a gallon/whatever we’ll have what we need is sound, but the jeans – CUTE!
- Back to work I must go. Be well.