- Took Lovegirl to a birthday party Saturday. At 3pm. At a park. In July. In Mississippi. Yep, I was all kinds of grumpy and hot. So not a good idea. I’ve got two words for you next year sweetie – pool party.
- Saturday night I went to a surprise 40th for one of my coworkers. Everyone was asked to dress in black, white, or a combination thereof. Some of those jokers were straight big pimpin’ in their white suits and matching hats! The party was really nice, and there was a lot of love in the room which is always great. Had a good time, but I just can’t hang anymore – how can I possibly still be feeling the effects of a Saturday night party on Monday morning?!?! I drank one beer and danced a lot. I feel like I’ve been run over with a steamroller.
- Sunday I did not go to church. I stayed in the bed until 9 which was quite lovely. I grocery shopped, cooked, did a little cleaning, and chilled. I did manage to make it to Target and bought Lovegirl a uniform skirt.
- Speaking of uniforms, she’s got enough stuff to make it through exactly one week. I’m going to buy her two more ‘fits – and that should hold her until cooler weather arrives. Oh, and I have to buy patches for her shirts. I sure hope they’re iron-on . . .
- My kid has been getting downright jazzy with me lately. And by jazzy I mean smart-mouthed and/or giving me looks. You know that slow, look you up and down, like you want to fight look. Yep, that one. The first time she gave it to me was last Friday in a department store – I told her to put a bottle of lotion down. She did. And promptly stamped her foot, crossed her arms, said “hmph”, and gave me the look. OMG! I am still waiting for the police to pull up at my door. I exposed her little brown cheeks and proceeded to give her a nice little spanking right there in front of the Kiehl’s display. I couldn’t believe my child was acting this way – and thought surely that spanking effectively took care of that behavior. Not. She gave me that same look yesterday at home. I had to walk away. I just walked away. I gave her a nice little lecture after I cooled off, but I’m pretty sure she’s going to get at least one more spanking behind “the look.” I’ll be totally honest – I wasn’t expecting this type of attitude for another 10 years or so. Looks like I’m going to have to gear up for battle a whole lot sooner!
Guess that’s about it. Hope your week is off to a great start!