- I am so ashamed – I fell asleep on the debate Friday. I had everything ready – Lovegirl was in the bed, my snacks were set out, I had my telephone in my lap . . . and before they started answering the second question, I was knocked out. How was it?
- Did I really hear a song on the radio this weekend whose lyrics included “she got that hottentot?” Has anyone else heard this? I didn’t know whether to be proud that they knew enough history to reference the Hottentot Venus in their hot mess of a song, or whether to cry. Somebody pass the kleenex!
- Do you know how hard it is to wash sand out of a little kid’s head? Lovegirl and I went to Wellsfest on Saturday (after the requisite Saturday bday party, of course) and that girl had the time of her life – playing in a huge pile of sand. Who knew? Best $4 I’ve spent in a long time – admission was free, we paid a dollar for two turns in the space jump, fifty cents to get her face painted, a dollar for a cotton candy, and two dollars for a sweet tea for moi. Yeah, I just did the math – make that the best $4.50 I’ve spend in a long time!
- Friday is my Mom’s 60th birthday. I have no idea what to get a woman who wants and needs for nothing. I don’t want to get her stuff for the sake of stuff. Any ideas? I know y’all don’t know here, but maybe you can help me think “outside the box!”
- Darn drug rep – I did so well for breakfast this morning – a whole wheat english muffin, lightly toasted and a cup of coffee. Then this joker shows up with free Chick Fil A – I couldn’t resist! Not that I tried very hard . . .
- Gotta get to work. Happy Monday everyone. Make it a great week!!!