It is time to bid the ’08 a fond farewell and welcome ’09 with open arms!
8 Things I Loved This Year:
- Yes we can! Barack Obama as the next President of the United States? Oh yeah!
- Watching my girl continue to grow. She continues to amaze – and amuse me. I am forever grateful for her.
- My trip to China.
- Finally joining a church. I love having a place to call home again.
- Going back to school. As much as I whined about having/needing to go back to school, I’m glad to be back and look forward to the rest of the program.
- My hair. The longer it gets, the more I like it.
- Reinstating girl’s night out with my “mama-friends.” We had a great time this year, and I can’t wait for continued good times with the girls.
- T.I. telling me that I can have whatever I like. Even though that’s not true, it is a nice concept. 🙂
8 Things I Didn’t Love Nearly As Much:
- The horrid economy. I pray that a rapid recovery is made and that the unemployment rates get as close to zero as possible.
- Crime. Not that I needed official confirmation, but according to a recently released study, murder rates for black youth continue to rise – murders have increased 39%! My heart cries for these children and all affected families.
- Television. What is going on? Beyond T.op Chef, there’s not much on that captures my interest.
- My boss. Read the archives if you’re interested. Or just know that she is crazy as hell.
- The “it aint my fault” defense. Nothing seemed to be anyone’s fault this year – from the escapades of crooked politicians to the economy – everything was blamed on someone else. I’m going to need the leaders of this country to stand up and take responsibility for their actions – good, bad, and ugly – in the ’09.
- Music as a whole. Not much out there that I was really feeling this year.
- My brothers once again getting my Mom zilch for her birthday – and one forgetting to even call. When will these knuckle heads learn that we have a helluva awesome Mom and that they shouldn’t take her for granted?
- The T.itans not being able to remain undefeated for the entire season. Hurt my little heart!
9 Things I’m Going to Do More of in the ’09:
- Have fun
- Visit/call friends and family
- Church-related activities
- Read for pleasure
9 Things I’m Going to Do Less of in ’09:
- Listen to others whine/complain
- Entertain foolishness
- Blog while at work (pray for me y’all!)
- Let others steal my joy
- Curse (I’m going to need prayer for this one too!)
Your turn! What did you like about ’08? What wasn’t so great? Any resolutions for ’09? Wills or won’ts?