21. The number of days I fasted. From January 4 – January 25 I consumed no bread, no meat, no honey/sugar, no sweets. The first two days were hard, the rest, not so bad. Still haven’t had any meat, but I have had two of the best pieces of toast ever and a cup of coffee with sugar! It’s the little things I tell ya!
5. The number of days I have left in my current department.
31.5. The number of teeth I am showing as I grin thinking about the previous statement. I broke a tooth, otherwise, it’d be 32.
4.0. My current GPA. Don’t know if I’ll be able to maintain it throughout the program, but it sure is nice right now.
2. The number of weeks I spent in “Wintersession.” An accelerated semester, we were in class every night for three and a half hours a night. It was no joke. I seriously thought about dropping out of the program. I was so tired – I literally went a couple of days with no sleep. But, it is over and only lends additional creedence to the fact that “this too shall pass.”
10. The number of years it has taken me to realize that Smoochy really has no clue what good eating habits are. We went to breakfast yesterday. The man ordered two pieces of sausage, a piece of bacon, a bowl of grits, two hash brown potato casseroles and two biscuits and then looked up at me and said “see, I’m eating better.” No honey, you’re not.
1,000,000. The number of channels the D.ish Network seems to have. And yet, there’s still nothing on. We had it installed this weekend.
9. The number of hours standing between me and the gym. Thanks to that intersession, I haven’t been in two weeks and I’m ready to work it out!
10-12. The pounds I estimate I lost during my fast.
3. The number of items that Lovegirl needs to have coordinate or else her life is just all messed up. The girl came to me in tears last week because and I quote “Mama, my socks, panties and lipgloss don’t match! I can’t go to sleep looking like this!” That’s right y’all – my kid coordinates her underclothes to the lipgloss she insists on wearing to bed every night. Such a DIVA!
Any numbers you’d like to share? I hope that you had a great weekend and that you have a great week! Have I mentioned this is my last week at this gig? Hallelujah!!!!