And yes, I know it is only Monday. What better way to kick of the week than with some randoms?
- BET awards last night? Garbage. I had them on in the background while I studied for my midterm. Hot, awful mess.
- My dad used to always tell us that elevators were for fat people. I used to think that was so mean. I’m beginning to agree with him. I found myself ditching the stairs for the elevators at work and no joke – I’ve developed a bit of a gut. Back to the stairwells I go!
- I bought three pairs of shoes from Amazon last week and was tickled pink at having scored three pairs of shoes for less than $50. Only one pair fit and I’ve decided they’re tres ugly. Back to Amazon they all go! There’s a pair on there I’m going to order today. I’ve worn the brand before, know that they’ll fit, and they’re decent looking.
- People I like always seem to move away. That makes me sad.
- I cut the ends of 4 or 5 of my locks this weekend. I looked down and just saw lint trapped all inside of them. I tried to pick the lint out, but patience is a virtue I’m still working on. So I just hacked ’em off. I’ve got to find a way to keep these puppies lint free. Or at least lint free-er. No telling what the back of my head looks like!
- Speaking of hair, Lovegirl insisted on an afro-puff when I combed her hair last night. She just may be sporting the biggest puff in 4-year old history. I am not good at puffs, but she was quite pleased and Smoochy referenced G.ood T.imes by saying she looked like a mini-Thelma.
- I have got to find my camera. I think it is floating around in the back of my car. Hmmmm, maybe I have got to clean out my car, and the rest will follow.
- My swim teacher hasn’t called/emailed me back to set up my next session. Should I be offended? Hope the fact that I thrashed around like an oxygen-deprived guppy hasn’t caused her to re-think her occupation…
- Y’all – I got a “superior” on my evaluation on Friday. I was so damned geeked. After working for some real pieces of work for the last 4 years or so, it was nice to have a positive review again. No additional funds are associated with my superiority, but I’m cool with that. The boss-lady did suggest that I spend less time on the phone (oh alright) and work on my organization skills (just because my desk looks like a mess doesn’t mean I don’t know where stuff is. Hmmm, maybe my camera is on my desk…)
- My parents are on an Alaskan cruise this week which means I won’t get to talk to my Mom every day. Boooo! My only vacation for the forseeable future? A weekend trip to Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Booooo! Lovegirl and I are going to make the quick trip over in July. My parents are attending my Mom’s high school reunion and we’re going to swing over and join the “fun.”
- Serenity 3-0 (AKA Serenity 23) has been doing regular wardrobe posts. I’m going to bite her style. She accessorizes wonderfully and I’ll be looking to add a few more cardigans and belts to my wardrobe. She also just bc’d her hair and it looks fabulous!
- I guess that’s it for now. Is it Friday yet?!?!?