Okay, I confess. This post has nothing to do with the J.ohnny Taylor song, money, or the number two. However, that song has been floating around in my head for the last few days, so I figured I’d use it for the title.
Really today, it is all about the randoms. Here goes:
- We had a blast in Pine Bluff. It was great seeing my people and watching Lovegirl interact with everyone and enjoy all of the attention she got.
- I seem to have gained a little weight and am now “doughy” around the middle. I’ll be working to get my waist back and get some definition in my arms.
- My 20th high school reunion is next weekend. I’ve never been to a reunion. Maybe I’ll make the 25th??
- Mean people suck. Rude people too.
- I am still considering letting school go. I don’t ever remember feeling so nonchalant toward my education before. I just want to come home from work and do regular people stuff. Whatever that is. I dunno, we’ll see.
- Smoochy just told me today that the company he drives for has eliminated vacations. Instead, they’ll get a check for a couple hundred dollars every year on their anniversary. That sucks.
- Hmmm, I seem to be complaining. These randoms need to take a turn for the positive.
- The dude that did my hair did a great job. I think it looks better this week as I don’t look nearly as “plucked” as I did last week with every single piece of hair contained and rolled. He was timely and didn’t have a bunch of clients he was working on at the same time. He invited me to his birthday party next month and gave me some workout tips. I think he’s a keeper!
- The seedless green grapes I bought yesterday? Delicious.
- I didn’t think I would, but I really love the fact that Lovegirl wears a uniform to school right now. She won’t when she hits the public schools next year.
- Lovegirl has recently discovered the music of M.ichael J.ackson thanks to some of her classmates. (Who knew 4 year olds sat around discussing recently departed musicians????) I LOVE to hear her sing “let’s dance, let’s shout, shhh…out, shake ya body down to the ground!”
- P.andora is trippin’. They now have a 40-hour limit on listening per month. Please believe I’ve been ripping my CD collection to my work computer slowly but surely. I feel sorry for people who can’t work to music.
- I broke a nail. So the other 9 had to be clipped. I can’t stand short nails. But I can’t stand mis-matched nails even more.
- Damnit! Something in my bra is poking me.
- Wondering if I should take Lovegirl to D.isney Land when we go to CA in Sept.
- I vowed not to eat out about two weeks ago. I was only going for a week of home-cooked meals, but so far, except for this weekend, I have eaten only meals prepared at home.
- I am continually amazed that my boss cares so much about what people say/think about her. She is continually amazed that I could give a darn.
Mmmkay, that’s it. Is it Friday yet?????