- We made it through the first week of school. The new teacher is stricter than the K4 teacher was. Yay! She also sent home about 17 homework sheets over the course of the week. Boo!
- Took my last swimming lesson Thursday. Well, the last one I’ve paid for thus far. May take another round later. Anyhoo. I can swim on my back, I can tread water, I can swim underwater for as long as I can hold my breath. I still can’t actually swim, come up for air, and continue to swim. Ah well, perhaps next time.
- I am back in the gym with a vengeance. Everybody says they can’t tell I’ve gained weight. Well, I can tell, and I don’t like it. So I’m working it out and trying to get right. I found some great moves in the latest issue of S.elf and have incorporated them into my workout – I was getting a little bored with my, well, routine.
- A.ngelina J.olie annoys me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a movie she’s starred in, so it is not her acting. Everytime I see her staring at me from the slick cover of a magazine I just wish she would go away.
- Ever since I found out that I won’t be done with my car note until December (I thought I was finished in June) I’ve been waiting until the last minute to send my payment in. In my mind, I’m “showing them.” Really, I’m just being an idiot.
- Smoochy came in the door on Saturday announcing that he had a surprise for me. And he presented me with a flat of double-yolked eggs. Dude? How long have we been together? What the hell made you think I was going to get excited about some big-A eggs? I don’t even eat eggs! Who am I? Ma Ingalls? All excited about some dadgum eggs? Puh-leeze! Next thing you know he’ll be bringing me a bolt of calico cloth to make the kid a right pretty dress!
- In my quest to lose weight, I decided to try a healthier cereal this week. I usually bring a box of raisin bran or shredded wheat. This week I’ve got a box of K.ashi G.oLean. Should’ve done myself a favor and just eaten the box. Blech!
- Lovegirl and I walked in the R.elay for Life held at our church this Friday/Saturday. We walked and talked and socialized until midnight – I could not hang until 6 Saturday a.m. Maybe next year. Not.
- I’m giving up sweets until September. I’m allowing myself two cups of coffee a day, but other than that, no sugar. Trying to see if limiting my sugar will help control my eczema. I’ve done no sugar before, but wasn’t paying any attention to my skin. This time around, I’m eagle-eyed.
- I know we’re all on different budgets, but what amount do you think is reasonable for an everyday-type work blouse/shirt? I’d like to see if what I have in my mind is average. I’m betting not 🙂
- Hope everyone has a great day. I’ll try to have the next giveaway up tomorrow.