- We had a ball in Cali. Lovegirl is officially a West Coast convert. When I say she had no desire to return to MS, please believe that. She cried when we got off the plane in Jackson last night. And while waiting for our luggage. And while walking to the car…..you get my drift. Even the sight of her best bud Aidan and her favorite Ms. Psonya at the airport didn’t stop the tears. Oh the drama!
- Speaking of Ms. Psonya? Yeah, if she doesn’t blog about the dude that was loving her at the airport last night, I will. Pure comedy!
- Took Lovegirl to Venice Beach where she promptly ran into the ocean, declared it incredible and pretty much refused to move from her spot. I have got to say – the joy that filled my heart from seeing her enjoy herself that much was a real blessing.
- I, of course, made it a point to visit my favorite fish taco joint 3x in a week. As awesome as ever!
- Tried a new cheese – taleggio – at Mr. Marcel’s in the L.A. Farmer’s Market. Love it. A smear of this stuff, a dab of fig jelly and a water cracker? Good eating.
- We saw my grandma twice and that woman just amazes me. At 88, she’s still going strong, driving herself around and doing what she wants to do. She also cooked me Sunday dinner – her peach cobbler is off the chain!
- Went to the L.A. County Fair. With the exception of the stankin’ rollercoaster Lovegirl insisted that she and I ride (she had a ball – I did not!) we had a great time there too.
- Did I mention that the weather was nice? Not nice enough for my kid to run and jump in the pool in her pajamas, but that didn’t stop her. I couldn’t believe that nut was playing in the pool, having a ball – with purple lips and chattering teeth!
- My Mom threw me a little surprise get-together Sunday night. A really nice mix of people showed up and we had a good time reminiscing and tripping out. One my classmates stopped through – I hadn’t seen him since Smoochy and I got married 10 years ago – it was awesome to catch up with him. I’m still trippin’ that I graduated h.s. 20 years ago. Moving on…
- I’ll post pics tomorrow. Guess I’d better do some work. And by work I mean catch up on my blog reading 🙂
What have y’all been up to while I was maxin’ and relaxin’ in sunny So Cal???