….and other pre-Thanksgiving randoms!
- Why, why, why did I let the lady at W.alMart hand me a Black Friday flyer? And why did I look inside? I see three things I definitely want to get Lovegirl: a guitar for $15, a Vtech handheld game for $30 and a coat for $7. I’m also thinking about the $29 digital photo frame and the $59 GPS. Of course, I have absolutely no need for a GPS, so that’s probably not happening. I’ve only done the Black Friday shopping thing once and didn’t enjoy it at all – still on the fence about this year. Do you participate?
- Smoochy called me yesterday and told me what he wanted for Christmas: satellite radio. I was like “cool – that’d be good to have while you are driving.” He then informed me that he’d just bought one and was enjoying it. Alrightie then…..
- Lovegirl is at work with me today. God help us all. We’ve been to the cafeteria, had breakfast, she’s walked over to another set of offices, she’s helped count meal cards, been given a sucker, been complimented on her frog rain boots and asked if she was going to get a shot. And it’s not even 9:30. Come on two o’clock!
- This afternoon will be dedicated to cooking and cleaning. For “our” Thanksgiving we are having: turkey breast roast, dressing, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, and rolls. I’m making pasta salad for the big meal at my sister-in-law’s house. I don’t even really like pasta salad, so I’m not sure how this became my signature dish, but whatever. It’s cheap and easy, so I’m not mad.
- That’s about it. It’s slow motion around here and in blogland. I shall try to keep myself occupied for the next few hours and then I’m out ’til Monday.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Don’t forget to count your many, many blessings!!!