- Whoo darn hoo! I have scored not one, but two pairs of new boots! In case you couldn’t tell, I am ridiculous with excitement! Do you know how hard it is to find a pair of decently priced boots in my size? Well trust, it is. The best part? They were CHEAP! I scored two pairs of tall, leather boots for less than $80! Dear 6pm.com: I love thee.
- I have decided to travel using only carryons when Lovegirl and I go to Cali for Christmas. At first I was like “I’m checking bags – I don’t want to drag bags and Lovegirl through various and sundry airports all by myself.” But now I’ve decided the challenge of jamming everything in two small bags and saving $$ on checked bags is well worth it. I found a slide show some stewardess did on packing in a carryon and am going to follow her lead. You can check it out here: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/05/06/business/businessspecial/20100506-pack-ss.html. I don’t generally overpack, but I like to know I’ve got room in my bag to bring stuff back. I guess this will help squelch any impulse shopping urges I may get. Do you overpack?
- I mentioned this on FB this a.m., but I’m seriously considering dressing up for Halloween for the first time in my life. If I decide to dress up, I’ll be dressing up as none other than Phaedra from RHOA.
- I slipped up – a lot – on Operation Buy Nothing ’til December. But it’s going into full effect beginning November 1. I shall buy no clothes, accessories, etc. for myself until at least the end of November. For real this time. For real.
- The Chipmunk has been talking about moving out of state. Hope springs eternal!
- Recently, the University of Missisippi changed its mascot from Colonel Rebel to the Rebel Black Bear (couldn’t find a pic). I was telling my Mom that my alma maters were now Lions (UAPB), and Tigers (JSU), and Bears (UM) oh my! I find that hilarious. My mother on the other hand wanted to hang up in my face.
- My quads? They are a burning. I think this challenge is gonna get me right! And I’m looking forward to the day when I can walk totally upright and pain free again.
Mmkay, that’s all. Maybe something earthshatteringly awesome will happen on my daily 15 minute walk and I’ll be back with more interesting blog fodder. But I doubt it. All I’ll see are large women in cut out tops, dudes whose sole purpose in life is to be the next Wacka Flacka, and butt cracks galore. And that’s just the employees – don’t get me started on the patients’ families! Holla.