- Apparently this year? I’m making my own cranberry sauce. Thanks Pserendipity for planting the idea in my feeble little mind!
- Other items on the menu: cornish hens, dressing, collard greens, baked mashed potatoes, fake red lobster biscuits, individual sweet potato pies, cheesecake.
- I’m baking today. Cooking tomorrow.
- When you’re hot? You’re hot! Apparently I am sizzling. This older white man that I used to work with saw me in the halls this morning. He whistled, told me I picked up a little weight in all the right places and that I look damn good. I’mma start hanging out in the halls when I’m feeling down and need an ego boost.
- I want to see B.urlesque. Yeah, the movie with C.hristina A.guilera and C.her. Don’t judge me!
- Yay! My parents should be back on American soil in the next few hours. They’ve been halfway around the world – Amsterdam, Egypt, Turkey… they said it was fantastic and I have no doubt that it was. I’m glad they had a good time but I miss my Mama and I’m ready to talk to her on the regular again.
- Why is my child walking around sounding like a character in a Dickens novel? Her new word? Well, contraction? “Twas.” “Do you think ’twas cold the first Thanksgiving?” “I knew ’twas almost time for my bath, so I got my pajamas together.” Etc., etc. She is killing me!
- Does anybody like Bit-O-Honey candy? Smoochy and Lovegirl swear it is the nastiest stuff ever – I love it!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Take a few minutes to reflect on the many, many blessings in your life. God’s grace and mercy are but two of the things for which I am truly thankful this year. Be blessed!