- I’m writing this post with a smile on my face in hopes of being a kinder, gentler Nerd Girl. Except for Ames, y’all are as “mean” as I am! 🙂
- I may be the only black person in America (the world?) who was/is not a Teena Marie fan. I’m sorry she’s dead, but I’m not gonna front – her music was not at all my cup of tea. Okay, maybe Square Biz is alright, but that’s about it.
- Remember our Administrative Assistant who left at the end of the year? You know, The Chipmunk? Yeah, she’s back. Her new job screwed up her start date so she’s been here all week helping out. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder – I think I missed her a little. Nah.
- I was offered another position in the office – same title but working with residents instead of students. In the world of teaching hospitals, resident education is more prestigious than student education. I had to decline. There’s no way for me to work early mornings and/or late nights with Lovegirl’s school schedule and Smoochy being gone 99.9% of the time. My boss said she figured as much, but wanted to offer me first dibbs anyhow. Ah well. Maybe next time.
- I think I’ve mentioned this before, not sure. I’m on the hunt for some old school jeans – no elastic, no stretch. 100% cotton like old Levis. I think I’m gonna buy a pair of men’s jeans, ’cause finding what I want in the women’s section has proven impossible so far.
- Lovegirl has recently experienced a growth spurt. She’s shot up a few inches in the last couple of months. Which would be fine save the fact that none of her clothes fit! I guess I need to move her up into a size seven. Except that she’s still as big around as she was when she was 4. Pants that flood v pants that fall off. Decisions, decisions.
- Speaking of Lovegirl, got a note from the school yesterday – my kid needs glasses. I am shocked! But not really. I think she’s gonna be sooooo cute! I hope she doesn’t look back in 10 years and ask me what the heck I was thinking when we picked her frames….
- I’m reading the Bible through again this year and as always, I’ve got questions. First off, why is being called a nimrod an insult? According to the Bible, Nimrod was a stealthy, skilled hunter. No mention of him being an idiot. Secondly, what happpened to Enoch? Did he die? Seven days in and I’m already confused…
- My Mama called me last night to tell me my cousin got married. Generally I’m all for wedded bliss, the forming of new family units and all that jazz. But this chick? This chick right here? Marriage number…go head, guess…five! How anyone from and in Pine Bluff, Arkansas finds five men to marry is beyond me. Whatthehellever. Oh, she’s just a few years older than me – 42 tops.
- It’s official. I am addicted to Words with Friends for real. I’m currently playing six different games. The wireless at home is out – I think I need a new router. WWF is the push I need to go ahead and get my wireless back up and running. Sad, I know.
- I’m going to add another page to this blog. Books. I’ll share (and maybe review??) what I’ve read this year and if y’all want to leave the names of books you’ve enjoyed that’d be great as well! And if anybody wants to do a virtual book club I’m down for that too. Just let me know!
Have a great weekend. Our temps are supposed to drop over the weekend – soups on!