- The other night my kid walked up to me and asked for a “nocturnal narrative”. Sigh. Why can’t she just ask me to read her a bedtime story?
- Many churches are in the midst of a Daniel fast this time of year. My parents’ church is no exception. My father has decided to fast from…wait for it…get ready…you ready? Raisins. That’s right, raisins. Apparently my father has realized that his love of raisins may be standing in the way of his relationship with God and has given them up for 21 days. Judge not, lest ye be judged, but really? Really sir? People are giving up alcohol, meat, sugar, the internet and you have decided that your vice is raisins? This amuses me to no end.
- My nails are still holding up pretty well. I can see where the polish is starting to wear off, but I’m pretty sure the casual observer cannot. I’ll post a pic on Tuesday so y’all can see what a week’s worth of wear looks like. I got lots of comments – most people liked them. My coworker told me I was regressing back to 7th grade. That is so bunk! I mean, like totally, I’m grown! Oh wait…
- I may or may not have threatened to whup some lady’s arse in the parking lot of the children’s museum last weekend. I asked for forgiveness. From God, not her.
- El Debarge is coming in concert. I must’ve fallen for the B.E.T. heavy rotation okey-doke, ’cause I kinda want to go. But I’m not. Mostly because he’s coming with Jaz.min Sullivan. No sir, no ma’am.
- Did F.acebook settings change again? Why are my “work friends” talking about stuff I put on FB? I didn’t know they could see it! Time to up my privacy settings again. Those folks are “friends” only out of some strange sense of obligation. I don’t actually want them to see my posts.
- I’m craving red lentil soup. Guess I’ll make a pot this weekend. So. Good.
- I accepted an invitation to a party on Saturday night. Now I’m thinking it’s a “fun” party. I don’t wanna go. But I will.
- While I am making a conscious effort to be less frivolous with my money…G.ap has 40% off in-store purchases tomorrow. I’m going to get those trouser jeans I’ve been eyeing for a minute. Yes!
- I am sleepy as all get out. I had some more randoms, but they’ll have to wait ’til another day.
- Oh yes, one last one. Pserendipity is no longer Blogland’s sole WWF beeyotch. I am losing to some of errybody!
Be easy. Go Steelers! Go Bears!