- When we were home for Christmas, we went to my Grandma’s on Christmas Day. Which has been family tradition as long as I can remember. We were the only ones there. If we hadn’t come, my Grandma would’ve been alone on Christmas Day. The others didn’t come because they had “stuff” to do. Oh, okay. But please remember that your mom/grandma/great grandma/great great grandma will be 90 in June. Don’t be slinging snot when she dies talking about you wish you had just one more day with her.
- I called Smoochy to tell him about last night’s labor story. He was like “uh, uh. Y’all too nice. I’da told that joker not to call me now – call whoever the heck (okay, he said hell) he’s been talking to for the last 5 years when he wasn’t talking to us.” Have I mentioned that Smoochy can be a whole lot less forgiving than me? Yeah…
- My middle brother sent me a picture of his dog walking on the treadmill. I almost fell out the bed laughing. Pure foolishness.
- We were on the phone a long time last night talking about my youngest brother. I’d be lying if I said my feelings aren’t hurt over how he has so easily kicked us all to the curb. I don’t think about it often, and it doesn’t bother me all the time, but sometimes I really think about it and I cannot believe the rift that currently exists in my family.
- I would understand his “leaving and cleaving” better if someone had actually done something to his wife. Sigh.
- Smoochy has, for the last 11 years, always saved the scoop out of the box of laundry detergent. He insisted on keeping the old scoop until the new box of detergent had been opened and the scoop secured. I have teased him about being scoopless in childhood and how it damaged him. Wouldn’t you know the box of detergent I opened last night had no scoop?!? I’ll never tell Smoochy how happy I was to see the old scoop sitting on the shelf 🙂
- I am going home tonight to play in makeup. I want to learn how to do a good looking bold eye. Yeah, okay, that had nothing to do with the family randoms, but I felt like y’all would want to know!