- I’m an aunt again. My brother and his wife had the baby yesterday. Hopefully we’ll see her before she’s thirty. The baby, not the wife. Sigh.
- FYI: T.arget has all of their winter cardigans on sale for $9. Or maybe $9.98, can’t remember. Anyhoo, I picked up a solid black one ’cause I didn’t have one – I didn’t stick around to see what other colors were available.
- I need a pistachio intervention. I have been knocking back pistachios like a madwoman. These salt and pepper pistachios are just dee-darn-licious. Yeah, I wanted to curse. But I’m working on that. Again.
- Lovegirl is in the midst of a read-a-thon at school. She’s pledged to read for 25 minutes a night. Do you know how many kiddie books we can go through in 25 minutes? I guess we’ll start on War and Peace next.
- Did you know J.esse Owen’s name was James Cleveland Owens? And that a teacher misunderstood him when he told her his name was J.C. and that’s how he became Jesse? Me either. But I do now. Thank you read-a-thon. Tomorrow I’ll fill y’all in on Bessie Coleman. Or not.
- Smoochy ran me hot by
demandingtrying to demand that I sit outside with Lovegirl while she plays. So not going to happen. I think the block is quiet and slow enough for her to play in the garage/driveway without me hovering over her the whole time. I check on her frequently, and I was good with that. Smoochy, not so much. Lovegirl may never again see the light of day – I’m not trying to argue with Smoochy or sit outside for hours at a time. What’s the worst that could happen? A vitamin D deficiency and a mild case of rickets…
- Speaking of interventions, I also need one for nail polish. I have no business buying any more nail polish for the next decade or so. That didn’t stop me from buying a greenish blue color at U.lta on Sunday. So purty!
- R.ush L.imbaugh had been taking shots at Mrs. O.bama’s figure and eating habits!
- I’m bored with food. I’m not sure how that happened, but nothing is appealing to me right now. Let me rephrase that – nothing healthy is appealing to me. I thought I’d get myself out of my food rut and cook a nice, healthy Sunday dinner – cabbage, baked chicken, rice. All I ate was the cabbage. And then couldn’t figure out why I was light-headed that night. I need something good, healthy, and “new” to eat – Jameil and KRock – I’m coming for your food blogs – help me out!
- Alright, I’m off to do some work. Oh wait, no I’m not. My Mama should be calling for our daily talk-while-she-commutes chat in 5, 4, 3…