- Big thanks to everyone who participated in our first book club meeting. I enjoyed the discussion and hope y’all did too. I hope to post the info for our next book tomorrow. If you didn’t get in on this one, we look forward to hearing from you next time.
- Thanks also for asking about me after that lady hit me with her brand new 2011 car.
- I was reading about the abuse of exclamation points, and clearly, I am an offender. I am going to try to finish out March – yes, I know it just started – without using a single exclamation point. Wish me luck
- Smoochy had me rolling. He was on the phone with one of his friends and his friend was saying that the lady who hit me should be thanking God she hit me and not Smoochy – she lucked up and hit Honest Abe. That if she’d rear ended Smoochy he would have been rolling around on the ground, hollering about being injured and immobile and too psychologically scarred to work for a while. I can neither confirm nor deny this statement.
- Every time I do an orientation for students I feel bad when I look at the one Indian person in class when I call the roll. Should I be pretending I think the blonde headed boy is Chanchaldeep Naeem??
- Tuesday Lovegirl asked me how babies “got in there.” I told her the mom and dad had s.ex. I figure I’ve got another day or two (at best) before she remembers to ask me what s.ex is. What, if anything, did/will you tell your children when they ask?
- I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I am less than enthused about it. Add the fact that it’s going to take me an hour and four million dollars in gas to get there and I’m almost p.o.’d.
- I’m trying to find some signature dishes. Something that I’m known for – one sweet and one savory. So far the only thing Smoochy requests on a regular basis is baked spaghetti and Lovegirl is always hitting me up for…a grilled cheese sandwich. This weekend I’m going to try some teacakes and see if they wow them. Not that I’ve ever had a teacake – they may not wow me. We’ll see. Are you known for a particular dish?
- Smoochy’s birthday is Sunday – I’m thinking I’m going to cook him a roast, some mashed potatoes and maybe bake him a strawberry cake. He’s been doing pretty well watching his diet and I don’t think all of that deliciousness will cause him to fall off the wagon. I’ll be spending the rest of the day looking for roast recipes.
- I heard an interview with W.acka Fl.ocka this morning on R.ickey Sm.iley. Ummm, I didn’t know the boy really sounded…slow. I thought that was just his stage “presence.” I couldn’t understand half of what he said. Moving on.
- Do you know much more emphatic that “holla” would’ve been with an exclamation point? This is going to be a long month 🙂
Have a great day.