- Monday morning I picked up the rental car I’ll be driving until my car is fixed. They told me I was “approved” for a large SUV since that’s the size vehicle I normally drive. Um, no. Gas is a gazillion dollars a gallon (shout out to Jameil) and I’ll take a mid-size vehicle por favor. So I was all set to drive off in a shiny, red Chevy Malibu when I realized that my stature and the car didn’t agree – the steering wheel hit my knees/thighs every time I tried to turn the wheel. Thank you Chevrolet for making me feel freakishly large.
- I’ll be riding around in a Jeep something-or-other for the next few days. If, that is, I can actually remember what it looks like when I go to the parking lot. Have I mentioned that I’m not much of a car person and very few vehicles actually turn my head? I should’ve taken a picture.
- Lovegirl was in a wedding Saturday. After repeatedly telling me she didn’t want to do it and that she was too nervous, I was like fine and told the bride not to count on Lovegirl. The bride asked if Lovegirl could just wear the tutu (yes, tutu) and take pictures and I said yes. I’ll let you guess who went to the wedding, decided she was feeling it and stole the show. Lovegirl is still giggling at the fact that the bride’s father told her she did a better job than the bride. This is the same child who stood at the altar during Pserendipity’s wedding and cried like there was no tomorrow. Sigh.
- My dear sweet husband turned 39 on Sunday – we celebrated by chilling at the house all day long. It was wonderful. I cooked for him – pot roast, mashed potatoes, green peas. He was happy as a clam. Lovegirl was thrilled with the 3-layer strawberry cake. I was just happy they were happy.
- I’m not much of a “server.” I am all about self-sufficiency. But I decided to serve Smoochy all day on his birthday. Here dear, let me get that for you. I’ll clear the table. Can I get you anything else? He kept asking if I was feeling okay. I should probably try to be a little nicer a little more often. Any time the offer of getting your spouse a glass of water is met with suspicion, it’s probably time to make some adjustments.
- I also used our “good” dishes (Crate and Barrel v. WalMart) and put linens on the table. Hmm, maybe something is wrong with me.
- I’m breaking up with a work friend. It has recently dawned on me that she’s a total user. She only calls when she needs help, wants information, or wants me to hook her up with some of my hookups. So, we’re still cool – but I’m not helping her out any longer. Wonder if the phone calls will continue when she realizes this??
- Does anybody bake? Why are the bottoms of my cakes always burnt? I’ve tried adjusting the heat/cooking time and invested in an oven thermometer (okay fine, it only cost $5), but I’m still producing burnt-bottom cakes. Maybe I need new cake pans?
- I haven’t been sleeping well lately. Waking up at 3 a.m. and all kinds of nonsense. Well last night I went to sleep shortly after 8 and slept the sleep of the innocent. Until the tornado sirens started wailing at about 2. I was up all night watching the weather and listening to the sirens. #sostankingtired.
- I need some clothes. I seem to have gotten a little too carried away with the whole cardigan thing and now 98.9% of my wardrobe is cardigans and tank tops. I want something else to wear. What, if anything, are you refreshing your wardrobe with this season?
- Speaking of cardigans, sometime last week I told y’all Target had their winter color cardigans – black, grey, crimson – on sale for $9. Well now, they’re $4. I bought a crimson one….
- Since we’re on a fashion roll – I’m looking for a cute top to wear out next weekend. Anybody seen anything? Where? If I can remember I’m going to go out to Char.ming C.harlie’s and see if they’ve got anything.
- My work computer died yesterday. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to look busy without a computer to aid you in your ruse?
- Next week is Spring Break. Once again I’ve totally failed to plan anything. I’m thinking we’ll have a Friday Fun Night this week and maybe a day out during actual Spring Break. Maybe next year I’ll plan an actual trip for us. Something quick and easy – maybe New Orleans.
- Tonight Jameil is in town again so she, Pserendipity, the kiddos and I are going to hang out and watch T.op Chef. Should be fun – if I can stay awake.