- Shout out to everyone who participated in Monday’s book discussion! I have really enjoyed discussing these books with y’all and I hope you’ll join us next month to discuss Miss Black America by Veronica Chambers. How ’bout we meet here on Monday, June 13 to discuss? Get to downloading, borrowing, buying and reading.
- Went to the best box store ever today and bought a few things for Lovegirl. Jeans for $2.50, sweaters for $3, and mere pennies for socks? Yes please. I’m hitting those clearance racks again. Tomorrow. It didn’t seem right to miss Bible study because I was hoarding clothes for my short person…
- God answers prayers. Even the “little” ones whispered in the middle of the night. “Lord, have mercy. I cannot afford these airline tickets.” How bout they were almost $300 cheaper today? Thank you, Sir.
- This week I decided not to turn on the television until after Lovegirl goes to bed at 8. You would not believe how much stuff I’ve gotten done in the last few days. Or maybe you would and I’m the only one shocked by how much time one *ahem* wastes watching NCIS reruns.
- The Mississippi River is set to flood – in historical proportions – in the next few weeks. I asked my brother why they couldn’t just siphon water out of the river and store it, or truck it to arid, drought plagued regions. I thought the boy was going to hurt himself laughing. I guess that’s why I’m not an engineer…of course, neither is he. Please say a prayer for all those whose lives will be affected.
- The other night I thought – but not really, but kinda – that someone broke out the pane of glass in our front door. Of course, my cell phone was in my car in the garage, I was too scared to get my gun, too nervous to locate the bullets and just downright disgusted with myself. So I sat up for an hour or so until I was convinced that I’d imagined the sound of breaking glass. Do you know what an epic fail my inaction in the previous sentence was? I’ve got to come up with a implementable plan should someone ever break in while we are home. I told Smoochy my first choice would be to grab Lovegirl and climb out her bedroom window. He told me he’d prefer I come out guns blazing. Are we the only couple that has such sweet, heartwarming conversations? Do you have an emergency exit plan in place?
- I love: recent White House victories, the video of Mrs. Obama dancing with the school children, and President Obama clowning D Trump. I have been listening to CSPAN videos at work and cracking up like I’m at a comedy show.
And I think I’ll end my randomly random list here. Happy
Wednesday Thursday. What’s cracking in your world?