- I don’t know why, but I confuse gospel singer Jo.nathan Nelson with South African singer J.onathan Butler. Every time I hear a Jo.nathan Nelson song? I think about what a successful crossover career he’s had. Except for the fact that he totally hasn’t.
- Lovegirl called Smoochy the other night to request permission to wear her new (seven dollar!) flip flops to school. She presented quite the logical argument and was granted permission to wear said flip flops. P, we may have a little counselor in the making!
- I had a job interview the other day. I asked God to only let them offer me the job if He wanted me to have it.
- I don’t like it when old, non-black people tell me how well spoken and behaved Lovegirl is. I realize I shouldn’t feel this way.
- Have y’all heard that Christ is coming back on May 21? How do people come up with this stuff?
- Oops. While trying to hash out my travel plans, I let the cheap tickets go. Has anyone every used p.riceline? Did it work?
- I had a
stank-assslightly bad attitude about my job earlier this week. So I went on a work strike. Until I realized that my work strike very strongly resembled my full on work days and nobody knew the difference. My bad. I also realized that being stank wasn’t going to get me anywhere and I’d better work the job I have until my next one comes along🙂
- I cannot get into To.p Chef Masters. Is anybody watching it? I’ve tried. I fall asleep. I give.
- I am wearing a black maxi skirt that I bought from O.ld Navy yesterday. I may be in love. Sooo comfortable!
- Smoochy bought me a pair of slacks and a matching vest for Mother’s Day. No sir. I tried to be as gentle as I could when I told him I would be keeping neither.
- The bath salts that Lovegirl made me for Mother’s Day? I’ve been flushing them down the toilet a handful at a time. Not only do I not take baths, but they smell a wee bit like moth balls.
- Though it may not seem like it from the above two bullets, I had a great Mother’s Day! Lovegirl wrote me the most awesome poem ever. It included a line about how I don’t even get mad at her when she breaks windows. Um, is she trying to tell me something? She’s never broken a window. That I know of.
- Speaking of Lovegirl. Yesterday she rocked the biggest afro puff ever. Yep, bigger than the last time she rocked the biggest puff ever. See🙂
And I swear, it looked more picked out and symmetrical when I was doing it than it does in this picture!
Have a marvelous day!