* It seems like there’s a whole lot of nothing and everything going on in my little world right now.
* I’ve been teaching the 2nd grade class at Vacation Bible School this week. Next year? I’m donning gloves and handing out hot dogs and chips! I kid, I kid. I’ve actually rather enjoyed working with the kiddos. But please don’t tell anyone. It’ll ruin whatever rep I have left!
* One little boy asked me how old I was. I asked him how old he thought I was. “You could be 20, you could be 60. You’ve got a lot of gray hair, so I can’t really tell.”
* I didn’t pledge a thing in college. Didn’t pledge a thing grad chapter. But everytime I hear “A.tomic D.og?” I may or may not start to stroll like I pledged Que back in Spring ’90. Just me?
* This is totally TMI, but I now fully understand why God sent one of the plagues He did to the Egyptians. Straight misery.
* Have I mentioned lately how much I’m enjoying my new job? In addition to working in the field of Bioethics which I’m over the moon about, my boss is awesome, I’ve already mentioned my office (yay!) and my favorite perk ever – we can wear jeans on Friday! To quote my favorite kid, “booya!”
* Have I also mentioned the frequency with which my old department is calling me? I wish I were just a skosh meaner. But, I’m trying not to completely burn heavily singed bridges!
* Thanks to KRock,
my family Lovegirl is now demanding these little cheesy bits of goodness on a nightly basis. So not happening, but they are really quick and easy and I’d definitely recommend trying them. Added bonus: I now have a mini muffin pan so I can bake cute little muffins, eat 6 of them and convince myself that’s not the same as eating one huge one 🙂
* Representative W.einer? A dumbass.
* Looking forward to escaping to California’s more temperate climate and soon! These 100 degree temps are no joke. Thankfully we got rain last night and we’ve now cooled down to the 90’s. Now watch – a heatwave will sweep Cali just in time for our trip.
* Lovegirl has really been lobbying hard for a DS, but I think I’m going to buy her a cheapo tablet instead – she’d be able to do so much more with it. I’ve heard CVS has a decent one for $99. Anybody have one that’s not an iPad? Whaddya think?
That’s it. I’ve got to get
back to work. Oh yeah, don’t forget we’re discussing Miss Black America on Monday. It’s a really quick read. I started it Monday and finished it yesterday on my lunch hour. So get down on it if you haven’t already! Have a great day!