It’s the weekend baby! Well, almost. And that’s good enough for me! What am I excited about as we go into the holiday weekend? Well, I’m so glad you asked…
1. One of my favorite bloggers is getting married today! Many, many congratulations and blessings to Jameil and Rashan as they begin this next chapter of their lives together!!!
2. Um, hello…it’s a holiday weekend! I love extended weekends/short work weeks. Thank you Lord! We usually get together with Smoochy’s family on his Mom’s side. I haven’t heard anything, but no worries – I’ve got a back up plan which includes movies, fireworks, popsicles and a children’s festival if the family get together is a bust.
3. JCPenney. Yep, Penney’s. Everytime I start to despair about the lack of blouses in my wardrobe, I remember to check them out and they do not disappoint. They’ve always got a few cute blouses that I can pick up on the cheap. And they’ve started stocking their tall pants in the store. Goal!
4. I think I’m going to finally join the masses and get a smartphone. I am one of the few people on planet earth with a phone that’s not so bright. V.erizon is ending it’s unlimited data plan and Smoochy wants me to get on the plan before it expires – on the 7th I think. So I’ve been going back and forth. iPhone or Droid? I’d pretty much decided on a Droid, but just realized that I won’t be able to play my iTunes music on a Droid phone. And a nerd needs her music. So…I’m probably getting an iPhone this weekend. Yay. I guess. Truth be told, I’d be cool staying with a phone that gets calls and can send texts. I’m pretty basic. Hmmm, maybe I’m not excited about this one after all…
5. Ice hockey. Okay, not really. But with the alleged NFL and NBA lockouts looming, a girl’s gotta find another sport to cheer. Ice hockey for the win!
Have a great weekend y’all. Stay safe. I’ll holla!