1. Behold! This is how my nails look on Friday morning – I did my manicure Sunday night. Sure, there’s a little wear and tear – fading at the tips and “pulling” at the base – but nothing too dramatic and definitely no chipping. I’m telling y’all, your manicure can last through the week. Okay, I’m off my polish soapbox. For now 🙂
2. Got a note home from Lovegirl’s teacher on Wednesday. Three weeks into school and Lovegirl is already done with the 1st grade reading curriculum. Go her! I just hope the teacher can keep her busy, challenged, occupied, etc., etc. Otherwise it’s going to be a very long year for all involved. (I typed most of this post Thursday morning…guess who brought home a write-up yesterday O_o)
3. Serenity 30 has me wanting to make a pair or three of earrings. I think Lovegirl and I will head to the bead shop Saturday morning and get to it. I
need want three pairs of earrings – pink, mossy green, and black/white.
4. I went to a brown-bag lunch seminar on obesity and definitely saw some things I need to work on removing from our diet – namely deli meats. I thought I was doing something by only buying turkey or chicken. And I was wrong. So, I’ll be roasting a whole hen or a turkey breast and using that for lunches from here out. Just the excuse I needed to go ahead and purchase a mandoline. I’ve wanted one forever! And no more jarred spaghetti sauce – I’m going back to making it. Baby steps.
5. I love it when my mail order shoes fit! Both pairs of shoes I ordered from Nine West are keepers. The black pumps are just a touch snug, but I’ve been reassured that having them stretched isn’t a big deal and should give me the extra bit of room I’m looking for. Big yay!
6. Wednesday I bought a Rubbermaid Reveal mop – basically a refillable Swiffer. Love. It. Goodbye costly refills and disposable mop pads. Hello cleaner of my choice and a washable pad 🙂
That’s it. Have a marvelous weekend. If you’re on the East Coast I pray safety for you and yours as Irene approaches – please take care.