- New book club discussion date: Monday, October 17. Thanks much to Simply B for requesting an extension…I surely need it! We’re reading “A Life of Reinvention: Malcolm X” if anyone wants to do some quick reading over the next two weeks.
- Our pastor is teaching us how to study the Bible. Really great series. Very common sense, but nothing I’d ever considered before. I’ve read the Bible, but never studied it. We’ve started with the book of Ephesians, and though I’ve read it on several occasions, I’m
readingstudying from a new perspective and really enjoying it.
- JSU’s homecoming is this week. And they’re playing my undergrad alma mater UAPB! I cannot wait for Saturday’s game! We’ve bought a tailgating lot, I’ve pulled together my black and gold accessories, I think a few friends are coming down, and I’m ready to talk ish! Let the games begin!
- Drake has got to be the worst “rapper” ever. Yep, ever. I’d rather listen to…hell, anybody else.
- It’s breast cancer awareness month. If you’re not up on your self-exams, annual checkups, or your No Thank You Ma’amogram (KRock – August 2011) do what you need to do and get down on it!
- You know what’s better than new underwear? Nothing! Okay, there are better things. But new unmentionables rank pretty high on my list.
- Operation Clean This Crap Up is still in full effect. I am so excited by how much better our house looks with just a little extra attention being paid to it every day. This weekend Lovegirl and I bought new plants for our entryway, cleaned out her room and closet, and washed everything that wasn’t pinned down. And I found out we need a new vacuum cleaner. Yeah, it’s broken and I didn’t even know it…
- Anybody got any recommendations for a new vacuum? Don’t bother mentioning a Dyson, Miele, or Oreck…that’s not happening.
- I tweeted a pic of the Jolly Green Giant at last week’s JSU/TSU game. I still feel kinda bad about it. I would make a horrible paparazzi. I couldn’t even take the picture – the lady in line behind me at the concession stand saw what I was trying to do and took the picture for me…
- This lady at work wears too much perfume. And I don’t like the scent. Smells like the stuff the groomers used to spray on my dog. Until I told them to stop ’cause it stank.
- In case my Mama’s reading – happy birthday sweets! I love you much!
That’s it for now. Hope everyone has a marvelous day!