I haven’t been tagged in a loooong time, but InnerDiva has broken that dry spell and here we are!
You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
11 Random Things About Me
1. Every time I dance, I fully expect someone to pull my black card. Line dances, dances with instructions? I’m good. Free style? Eh.
2. I wish I was six feet tall.
3. I don’t like to have my feet touched at all. I have reflexively kicked my own child when she touched my feet. Oops.
4. I like to be organized. I like to sleep more.
5. I’m not the picky eater a lot of folks think I am. While it’s true that I don’t eat beef or pork, I’ll try almost anything once.
6. I am bored with my closet.
7. When I think about how cold this world is and how much hatred there is in it, I cry.
8. I spend a lot of time at work looking at recipes, but rarely make any of them.
9. Lately I’ve been dreaming that someone cut my locs off. And that I had a wonderfully stylized afro that required no maintenance.
10. I’m pretty social for a loner.
11. I refuse to go the gym in January. Too many resolutioners up in that joker.
Answering Inner Diva’s Questions
- iPhone, crackberry, or droid? Team iPhone. Took me a long time to give up my cheap, bare bones phone but I have seen the light and love (and I do mean love) my iPhone!
- In your Lifetime original movie, who would play you? Erika Alexander. You know, Maxine Shaw from Living Single. Maxine Shaw and I may have separated at birth. Well, if she were real…
- This is a question I ask my husband all the time when we’re deciding what’s for dinner–if you were on death row (jail, not the record company), what would your last meal be? I’d have a Mexian-Asian meal. Tacos – shrimp, fish, and carne asada. A really good chicken verde tamale. Some chili lime chicken from the Vietnamese place. Some vegetarian dumplings – steamed and fried. Some of those little fried Chinese donuts along with a bowl of ice cream (butter pecan and bing cherry) for desert. Mmmmmm.
- Under what circumstances, if any, would you be a guest on the Maury show? I’m not sure I could ever be a guest on Maury – I know who my baby’s daddy is!
- What’s your favorite movie? Imitation of Life.
- How did you decide to live where you live right now? Our house? The price was right, the neighborhood is good, the schools are good. Mississippi? Smoochy wanted to stay close to his family. The things we do for love…
- If you were a celebrity, what would you be famous for? My dry wit and infectious personality. Okay fine, just my dry wit.
- Will you miss the Twinkie? Goodness no!
- What’s on your nightstand? A lamp. A bottle of eye drops. A few pairs of earrings. A thank you note. About 15 books. And a dead ladybug.
- How old were you when you got your driver’s license, and how many tries did it take you to pass the road test? (I just want to know if I’m the only weirdo) I was 16. I had to take the road test twice. But. Only because on my first try the passenger side door flew open while I was testing and the testing lady was none too pleased. Old drama queen…
- Are your ears pierced? If they are, did you get them done when you were little, or when you were older? My ears are pierced and have been since I was a wee lass. I had my second holes done when I was 14 or 15.
My 11 Questions
1. Is there anything you’ll eat one way, but not another? (Like I can’t stand raw tomatoes, but love them cooked. Vice versa for carrots.)
2. Where’s your favorite vacation spot?
3. What 5 things would you grab if your home were about to be destroyed?
4, What are you listening to right now?
5. What’s the most you’d spend on a purse?
6. Do you think we’d get a long in real life?
7. Do you have a monthly clothing budget?
8. What do you do when you’re bored?
9. What surprises you most about being an adult?
10. Do you love your hairstyle?
11. Who’s your favorite Golden Girl?
So I think the only person I’ll tag is my mom. She’s always looking for new blog fodder. But if you want to tag yourself, feel free. Or answer in the comments. Or whatever brings you joy.