I’ve been meditating and praying over something I read the other day…
“You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.” Romans 14:10 (NIV)
- The Bible repeatedly warns us not to criticize, compare, or condemn one another.
- When you judge what someone else is doing in sincere faith, you are on dangerous ground with God.
- Whenever we take it upon ourselves to analyze, scrutinize and categorize one of God’s children, four things happen:
- We upset the Father.
- We display our ego and insecurity.
- We set the standard by which we ourselves will be judged.
- We alienate people. When we get a reputation for being critical, people will avoid us like a plague. They know that if we criticize others we will criticize them too.
“Help others with encouraging words; don’t drag them down by finding fault.” Romans 14:19 (TM)