- Thank y’all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers regarding Smoochy’s weight and my anxiety over it. Like I said, some days it bothers me a lot, some days not so much. I’ve mentioned it on here before and I’m pretty sure I’ll mention it again :( I will keeping you all, your families, and your health in my prayers as well.
- I’ll be on vacation this Friday and all next week. At first I was pissed that my plans to leave town fell through, but now I am really looking forward to this staycation – I see a lot of time at the pool, the movies, and chilling at the house in me and LG’s immediate future! I also plan on hauling a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, but let’s not ruin my 10 days away from work with talk of work okay? Okay.
- Speaking of Lovegirl, that child led a song in church last week – I’m Walking in Authority. Then she came home and wrote her own song sung to the same tune – I’m Naked in America…
- If you follow me on Twitter you may already be aware of the fact that I couldn’t get my shirt off last night. Yeah, you read that right. It was a linen tunic I’d worn (Mother’s Day gift) and taken off before with no problem. Well, last night that thing would not budge! I called Smoochy to tell him and that nut laughed so hard he started choking and hung up on me. He called back…to finish laughing while telling me he loves me. If you think he didn’t call me this morning to continue clowning me, you’d be wrong. I finally got the darn thing off at around 11 last night. I’m still rather salty about the whole thing.
- Yesterday my parents celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary. 41 years. I’m really thankful for their union, for the example they’ve set for us, and for God’s grace and mercy on their lives. Yay for 41 years, wishing them many, many more!
- I’ve been pretty consistent with my green drinks – spinach, some kind of fruit, ginger, and flaxseed. I can’t tell that they’re making much of a difference in my life, but figure I’ll keep at it and see what gives.
- Was going to try a new stylist for my locs until she directed me to her FB page. Looks like she twists her clients’ locs within a centimeter of their lives. I like my locs to be neat (when I’m not being trifling like I am right now) but I am very serious about protecting my hairline and I don’t think she’s the one for me. Alopecia is real y’all!
That’s all I’ve got. What’s shaking and baking in your neighborhood??