- Sitting here at work trying to figure out what all I need to buy to finish (okay, start) LG’s Easter basket. Less than a week ago she asked me to buy a book while we were out and about. I turned her down with the intention of going back and buying it for her basket. Y’all already know – I’ve forgotten not only what the book was, but where we were when she asked for it. Sigh.
- I guess I’ll head to Target, get her a couple of pairs of wacky socks, a cute little t shirt and maybe a puzzle or two and hope that the book will miraculously spring to mind. Smoochy’s supposed to get her a pair of Converse, so those will go in her basket as well. (I tried to talk her into some generic high tops this weekend – she really was not having it!)
- Thank goodness our church is having a “come as you are” Easter service this year. I know it’s horrid, but Easter is my least favorite Sunday to attend church. I can hardly pay attention to the service for all the rustling new clothes and gallons upon gallons of perfume and/or cologne. I’m actually looking forward to services this year. If you’re in the Jxn metro area feel free to come worship with us at 10:00 – we’d love to have you – services will be at the Convention Center – dress as casual or as dressy as you please.
- Smoochy asked what we were having for Easter dinner. Well, since we’ve been too trifling to replace our oven, there shall certainly be no macaroni, dressing, or baked hen. So I’m thinking…pizza? Who knows 🙂
- Do you make Easter baskets for the child(ren) in your life? What do you put in them?
- Have you ever had a Cad.bury cream egg? Are they tasty? Nothing about that candy looks right to me! I’m a fiend for those Star.burst jelly beans though and will most definitely be picking myself up a bag…or two.